Hardware tips and talk

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Mintbox

Postby viking60 » 21 Feb 2013, 10:41

Mint, the community fork of Ubuntu has gone commercial. Behold the Mintbox:
Maybe this is the way to go?
If you are fresh and want to try Linux and are not tech minded or prepared to install anything - Why not buy it with everything installed and working?

At a steep price - but it is all about choices -right? I have not had the pleasure of testing it but If anyone has, I would be curious to hear about it.

After all this is a computer with Linux pre-installed +1 Something the Linux world has been screaming about for a long time.
It is fanless and can be used as a server.
It comes with a FACEmodule concept:
FACE Modules (Function And Connectivity Extension Modules) are unique extension boards that integrate seamlessly into fit-PC3 and Intense PC to provide custom functionality and I/O extensions. FACE Modules are implemented with an internal extension board and a simple sheet-metal panel. The extension board is connected to the PC motherboard with two board-to-board connectors featuring standard PC interfaces such as PCIe, USB2, SATA, SMBus etc.

For the fiddlers among us they have made it easy to replace or improve parts:
Another highlight of the mintBox is how easy it is to open it. Both the RAM and the HDD are accessible from underneath the box. Use a standard screwdriver to open the bay and you can upgrade your RAM or switch the HDD for a SSD drive without any hassle.
:boohoo:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Hardware”