Washable keyboard!

Hardware tips and talk

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Washable keyboard!

Postby viking60 » 22 Aug 2012, 15:39

Screw Apples rounded corners - now we have a real useful invention that takes care of a problem we all know everything about.
The washable keyboard can be held completely under water and actually be cleaned!
I wonder how many cases of the flue that would have been prevented if those keyboards were standard on big workplaces? Those keyboards must be crowded with small organisms that are not good for your health.
Even if the current trend is for people that cannot write and need a touch screen with pictures to use a computer, this will be a hit in the long run, after the world has re-discovered the advantages of writing.
:A

Call me old fashioned but I grew up in a time when it was concidered an advantage to be able to write and read :-D so I think this thing has a future.
It is not wireless yet - and that is bad.
But when this thing gets wireless it will be a huge hit. Unless ofcourse Microsoft or Apple will claim that they have patented washing - If it gets a huge commercial hit - they probably will.
A washable keyboard, because life happens. I like it....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Re: Washable keyboard!

Postby rolf » 22 Aug 2012, 16:24

Yes, that looks practical :s (and yes, screw apple :f )

GF has given me a neat brush for getting crumbs out but I am always either using the keyboard or turning off the system to go somewhere else; housekeeping is not on the schedule.

I'm also interested in the idea of the roll-up keyboard to tuck behind the seat of the work truck, alongside the eee-pc mobile computing solution.

p.s. nice nails, Über Image

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 24 Aug 2012, 12:16

Is it dishwasher safe? :Doh:

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Postby rolf » 25 Aug 2012, 05:06

I should think 'dishwasher safe' would make for a good marketing claim. :s

Return to “Hardware”