Malware found on HTC Android phone from Vodafone

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Malware found on HTC Android phone from Vodafone

Postby dedanna1029 » 14 Apr 2010, 02:23

What I'm saying is that anything that gets malware is not Linux anything (or if it is they modified it with Windows crap).
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

b1o
IT and IS Guru-Berserk

Re: Malware found on HTC Android phone from Vodafone

Postby b1o » 14 Apr 2010, 02:43

Hehe i'd rather say it's still linux only not a part of the GNU project, Nothing with a GPL licence is malware, thats for sure.

What i think you refer to when you say linux is the combination of the linux kernel with the GNU project.

Since Linux is in reality just a kernel that makes the hardware work it's course.

I totaly get what you mean, and indeed android phones is not "Linux" because the distribution of the OS is controlled by the manufacturers of the phones ;) This pisses me of since i want a fully open environment on my phone, and my phones firmware is still android 1.6, Samsung hasn't released the latest version yet. Luckily the community is developing a firmware for my phone which holds the newest android os, This would be more classified as linux since it's driven by the comunity (The Idea behing GNU)
CPU: i7 950 3.1 ghz |RAM: 12 GB DDR3 |Graphics: Nvidia Geforce gtx 280 |motherboard: Rampage II Extreme |OS: Arch + windows7

Just remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, until you ask it

Return to “General News”