Is Apple going bananas?

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Is Apple going bananas?

Postby viking60 » 14 Oct 2010, 12:17

Apple are denying the European Newspapers to put apps on the Ipad that do not meet the Apple senscorship standards!
Classical newspapers with their page 3 girls are thus excluded from delivering their electronic papers.

Apple do not want papers to present content like bare tits etc. What's the problem? Do you Americans not like tits?
Take a good look here. When you buy an ipad you won't be able to anymore:

What even bothers me more is what else do you not like? You better tell me Steve, before I buy an Ipad :!:

Do you like Communists? Nazis? Gays? Muslims? Jews? :naughty:
You better tell me up front Steve! I admit that Apple has the right to control what is put on their gadgets, as long as this is clear up front.
What already is crystal clear is that the content on the ipad is going to be censored by Apple.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7814163.html Nice patent there. You can have it all by yourselves I sure hope no one else will even want to do that!
It is as far as you can get from the idea behind the internet and open source. But as long as there is a choice thats OK. I can choose not to buy the stuff.
And I sure won't
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Is Apple going bananas?

Postby dedanna1029 » 14 Oct 2010, 16:26

I myself never have, or ever would buy an Apple product.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 14 Oct 2010, 19:22

Well as much as I like the female anatomy in the Good Ol' USA we follow Queen Victoria's policies.

Long live the Queen ! :B

Just been sarcastic. For a Nation that does not like Monarchy seems to follow a Queen that is foreigner to us.
Censorship is getting out of hand with a bunch of Bible Thumpers that want to dictate how you should live based on their own interpretation of the Bible, which variates from Sect to Sect, even individuals.

Apple should careless if you use any of their product to watch whatever you please.

What gets me here is, that you can steal, hack, destroy, etc and get a bitch slap upside the head. But if you see a picture of a nipple, or even saying the word, you will be hunt, linched and hung without due process. :A

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 14 Oct 2010, 21:56

Well I like tits and I like to watch them too (amongst other things). Other activities are also perfectly normal and God given. It is an important thing for reproduction. What I do not get, is that you Americans never have seen a tit, never had sex, and don't even like it. Well that is what you have to say if you want to become president.
I sure would be skeptical to a person that never has fucked and never even seen a tit. How was he born - by Osmosis or some other wonder? Everybody is lying and pretending to dislike the very thought of sex.
Bill Clinton was the only human president you had. And while pretending to be outraged, everybody envied him.

It is this kind of double morality that stinks. We all know you do it. You all know you do it. And everybody pretends to be outraged about it. Americans sure are strange. So I am going to say it - and you might be able to read it too, since this is not an Apple.
Your president has a PENIS. And the first lady has a VAGINA. And they have children because they have fu... had SEX. +1 This is probably enough to start a revolution in America.
Over here no one lifts an eye brow.
Apple is trying to impose those distorted values upon us - that will cost them a load of money. I predict they will forget about this stupid idea within a year. Loosing money is a language they will understand. And they are going to.

And then of course there is the resentment of German and European papers of being forced into deals where they have to accept that Apple can sensor them. That is a SERIOUS issue for the freedom of the press.
Even if the deals are made, the first attempt from Apple to sensor any content by any paper will lead to a disaster for them. So far the press has been eager to explore the possibilities of those gadgets. They figure that if there are so many idiots paying that much for such a gadget, then they might be stupid enough to pay for electronic newspapers on the iStuff too.

This censorship stuff really gets me going. You can tell right? :lol:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 14 Oct 2010, 22:29

I think you're beginning to understand why I don't consider myself as specifically "American" any more. I see beyond borders, and consider myself merely as "human".

There shouldn't be any borders or crap like what Apple's pulling in the world.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

Joste
Berserk

Postby Joste » 14 Oct 2010, 22:34

Family values seem to involve no sex, so how does one have a family?
Past experience demonstrates best method to tighten bolts is to use appropriate size spanners.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 14 Oct 2010, 22:35

Touché!
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 14 Oct 2010, 22:51

Joste wrote:Family values seem to involve no sex, so how does one have a family?

Here we fu... in America I don't know - must be some kind of miracle anyway. @dedanna no reason to abandon America, our politicians are mostly idiots too - just different. :D But my point is; we have enough with them, and then Apple comes in with this censorship idea. It is so stupid that it would be worthy of any politician.We don't need more idiots - we have enough here too. Please do not export them :mrgreen:

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 14 Oct 2010, 22:53

Wish I had control over that. I'd throw them all into the brink, and throw away the key. Damn sheeple anyway. :P

Edit: And I've had no hope for America for a very long time now. Way too many lower-level thinking sheeple.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 15 Oct 2010, 14:11

We have a saying here at work...

A and B students are the workers

C the supervisors

D and F the CEOs.

That applies to the Gov.

Do you think if I am a brilliant corporate executive I rather be behind the curtains pulling the strings, never drawing attention towards me.

So when it comes to Politics, I see a sales pitch for whatever group that wants control. In most cases is the same group playing both sides. :A

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 16 Oct 2010, 00:35

love my country but hate its leaders.
getting disgusted with the moral pedestal that some people (bible thumpers) use
I enjoy seeing a nice body and wish the damn laws weren't so strict.
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 16 Oct 2010, 00:44

dedanna1029 wrote:I myself never have, or ever would buy an Apple product.

and i echo that quote!!
i work on them from time to time but thats as far as it goes
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

Return to “General News”