More on Windows+Linux

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

More on Windows+Linux

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 May 2020, 18:26

Yes, and it ticks me off bad, that Microcrap, the worst OS in the world, quite literally, has stuck it's nose into my good OS, and vice-versa. They should NEVER have jumped into bed together. :f :f :berserkf :evil:
All we can do, is hope and pray that Microshit will become beholden to Linux, and not the other way around.

"Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2
Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 was first announced during Microsoft Build 2019, and is now being rolled out to all users under the stable Windows 10 branch. This update brings a full Linux kernel to the stable branch. As part of this update, WSL 2 is also now updateable through Windows Update, so users no longer need to rely on the command line only to update the kernel.

Microsoft did announce GPU acceleration and Linux GUI app support for WSL 2, at Microsoft Build 2020. But, these features are not yet available even for Windows Insiders, so there is bound to be further waiting for users on the stable branch."

https://www.xda-developers.com/microsof ... m-devices/
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Re: More on Windows+Linux

Postby R_Head » 28 May 2020, 19:35

I see Skype 2.0

Remeber Ballmer fuss about Skype and eventually grossly overpaid to buy them out? I would not be surprised, some FOSS Jedis got lured to the Dark Side of the Force.

Cash... can be a great persuador if the price is right. I always said, everybody is for sale, is a matter of finding the right price.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 28 May 2020, 19:55

Which is exactly what I've been afraid would happen over the last decade or so. I even brought it up a few times in the last couple years of the Mandriva forum. No one wanted to believe me then. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do see a lot of forest for the trees that others may not.

I may have to do ReactOS or something else. Between our lazy upstream coders who don't want to code, and being a part of Microshit, which I have fought (actively advocated) since 1998, I question how much I want to be part of Linux any more, and I damn sure don't want Microcrap on my box any more. This all rather has me bitter. I was actually made fun of for thinking the two would get in bed together. It started with mono.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 28 May 2020, 21:00

Mono... short for you know what :lol:, and how that happen? Right, for been incestous ;)

I agree with ya K, is an inch by inch gradual aproach. The same way is done in Gov, changes laws here and there, slips some under the radar. At the end you are wearing stripped pajamas and wonder... how we got here?

Is Torvals in the project or he gave it up, passed the batán? Read somewhere years ago about looking for someone to continue on.

My hope is... that is a new and fresh OS around the corner, better than Linux and MS is about to get their hands in an old cluncker that seen better days.

And that, will make my day in a big way :lol: :dance:

But in the meantime... fück microsucks !!! :f
Last edited by R_Head on 28 May 2020, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 May 2020, 22:21

Well, once the lazy coders start coding again, and I can install wireless, there will be zero M$ any more on this box. It will be the big "FU" to M$, and a lot of research will start for a different OS. There's a couple I'd like to check out, but they cost, ssooo...
I'm deathly afraid at this point that M$ will be taking Linux over in a hostile takeover, and there won't be anything anyone can do about it.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 May 2020, 22:33

F*ck. I just checked out ReactOS some more, and came to find that it's based on Windows NT OSes, written in C and Assembly for code. Basically, Windows.

NO, THANK YOU.

ReactOS Overview
An operating system based on the best Windows NT design principles

ReactOS is an open source effort to develop a quality operating system that is compatible with applications and drivers written for the Microsoft Windows NT family of operating systems (NT4, 2000, XP, 2003).

Additional Details for ReactOS
Intended Audience
Advanced End Users, Developers
User Interface
Win32 (MS Windows), Project is a user interface (UI) system, Project is a window manager
Programming Language
Assembly, C
<snip>
Last Updated
8 hours ago
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 02 Jun 2020, 13:42

Yikes.!!

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 Jun 2020, 00:42

Yup, you know I certainly won't be putting that crap on my box.

We live in very scary times. Choice is being robbed from us more and more every day.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 04 Jun 2020, 12:48

Robed in many different ways...

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 06 Jun 2020, 21:13

Definitely.
No gods, no masters.

Return to “General News”