A total, complete, privacy nightmare

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

A total, complete, privacy nightmare

Postby dedanna1029 » 25 Apr 2018, 23:03

I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Re: A total, complete, privacy nightmare

Postby R_Head » 26 Apr 2018, 00:35

Yup, too much power under the few.

The internet should be an anarchy with the good and evil all mixed up. However, the powers at be, wants to control it to keep you safe. Me, no thanks, I can take care of my own.

MoFos like that are the one bringing Net Neutrality that had nothing to do on been neutral and was about control. It was/is the crowbar for the Gov Co to control the web after the failed SOPA, CISPA, APIPA. Give, them an Inch and they take a Parsec.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 26 Apr 2018, 11:24

I’m not sure what’s worse: having such a powerful surveillance tool exclusively available to government agencies and big corporations or having it available to any friends, neighbors, or internet creeps who want to see what I’m doing. The latter would be worse in some ways, though at least the surveillance wouldn’t be secret, and everybody would quickly come to learn how exposed they are so they could adjust their behavior.

+1
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Apr 2018, 17:34

Yeah, this is NOT good.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “General News”