Reddit censoring critical comments!

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Reddit censoring critical comments!

Postby viking60 » 25 Nov 2016, 16:52

The Reddit CEO - Steve Huffman - admits that he has altered Reddit comments that have criticized and insulted him!
Right - all for free speech as long as the right opinions are presented - by the right people :berserk2

It is OK to disagree but really stupid to alter criticizing content and probably illegal.

And after having been hammered by the community Huffman has finally seen the light:
As the CEO, I shouldn’t play such games, and it’s all fixed now. Our community team is pretty pissed at me, so I most assuredly won’t do this again

Good to know +1 and you should not have done it in the first place. :naughty:

The internet can be incredibly provoking and we all need to find a way to get to terms with it before some governments come up with the brilliant idea to do it for us - ensuring censorship and correct "opinions" from North Korea to the US.

Tolerance will be a necessity in the process and intolerant stupidity like the one from Huffman will undermine the free internet.

Regardless of whom you agree with.....accepting the deviant opinions is the vital part of free speech not the mainstream opinions that everybody can agree with.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “General News”