WhatsApp asked by European regulators to pause sharing user

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

R_Head
Berserk

WhatsApp asked by European regulators to pause sharing user

Postby R_Head » 29 Oct 2016, 19:21

WhatsApp asked by European regulators to pause sharing user data with Facebook
Article 29 Working Party pan-EU privacy regulator has serious concerns over WhatsApp data and warns Yahoo over data breach and US authority email scanning

WhatsApp has been warned by the pan-European privacy watchdogs over its sharing of information with Facebook and asked to pause the transfer of personal data.

The gathered European Union data protection authorities, collectively known as the Article 29 Working Party, said they had serious concerns over WhatsApp’s recent privacy policy change and the sharing of user phone numbers with its parent company Facebook.

Article 29 said that it had “requested WhatsApp to communicate all relevant information to the Working Party as soon as possible and urged the company to pause the sharing of users’ data until the appropriate legal protections could be assured” in a letter sent to the messaging service.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... tors-yahoo

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: WhatsApp asked by European regulators to pause sharing u

Postby viking60 » 29 Oct 2016, 21:00

:B

Obama's spying on his European friends has backfired (Who needs enemies with friends like that?). The trust is gone and US companies are caught in the middle. All pretty predictable.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 30 Oct 2016, 15:10

The irony is that he was awarded the Nobel Peace Price, for doing exactly nothing but spying and instigating war with Russia.

Anyway... I use that application and got disappointed when F-Book bought them. Same with Skype when it was bought by MS.

I wonder if the owners were forced/coerced/persuade to sell :think:

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 30 Oct 2016, 23:36

It sure cannot be ruled out that there is a great big national "motivator"
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “General News”