Norwegian State security police get keyloggers

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Norwegian State security police get keyloggers

Postby viking60 » 14 Mar 2016, 02:04

The norwegian State Security police get keyloggers because they have complained that they cannot surveille phones and computers due to encryption.
They always ask for a little bit more and, rest assured, they are not going to stop with this one either.
The Police are result oriented and tell what they need to prevent crime. In Norway thinking of a crime is enough - as in planning terrorism.

Preventing it is fine but this gets dangerously close to thought control police and thought control departments. Until now it has been very hard to prove what people are thinking and planning so they need to log the keyboards to capture mails that are not sendt etc.

It is not clear whether all Hardware is going to be prepared for this but it is most likely an Xkeyscore procedure.

The police are result oriented and want to solve every crime possible probably with the best of intentions. But others are very sceptical to the implications of this and want a debate regarding all the means the police have at their disposal and how it affects society.

Since these means are supposed to be secret that debate never seems to happen. That could be regarded as a contempt from the government towards its own population.
The police may have the best of intentions but:

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions....

And the arguments are all about small modernisations of rights they always have had etc. and that looks like pure Newspeak.

Our Governments feel entitled to all our information including our thoughts - did we agree to that when we elected them?

Our Elected ones all agree that if North Korea had this possibility then it would be bad - but they are the good guys....and they say exactly the same in North Korea....

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Norwegian State security police get keyloggers

Postby R_Head » 14 Mar 2016, 14:56

Scare tactic.... N Korea does not have even a 1/4 of the resources the media says.

The NATO side is full of deceiving news and reports.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 14 Mar 2016, 22:50

Yes NK is a very poor country with few resources. Sometimes they even lack food. The Norwegian PST has plenty of food thoug.

I have a bad feeling about this; step by step we are getting further down the surveillance spiral.

If the terrorist start to use pidgins I bet the police will demand control over them....They are already all over the Penguins :tux5: :mrgreen:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 17 Mar 2016, 21:03

Governments and media both have blown the NK situation way out of proportion, however if they didn't, then how could they use it as an excuse for crap like what they're doing both in Norway and the US? Might as well use the UK there too.
Yes, the thought police. There was a song about that... Can't remember it right now though.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 18 Mar 2016, 00:12

Hum dee dum dee... We don't need no thoughts control... dum di dum :boohoo:

We better build a Wall between us and the over-caring governments.

hum de dum de... Mother should I trust the government.... :boohoo:

...they trust us - don't they?

In any case it is a good thing to track terrorists and criminals but I fear that we are pouring out the baby with the bathing water here.

There are some heavy duty principles involved here like free thought's and free speech that we used to regard as positives.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Mar 2016, 17:33

Yup. That's what I was trying to think of thanks.

Addendum: The timing of what you say is... timely. Was just reading this article and am not done yet. I find it encouraging that so many are with Apple; however what I don't dig is that it's because Apple r wants all ur info fer demselves.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Mar 2016, 17:42

As the New York Times reported on Monday: “Many in the [Obama] administration have begun to suspect that the FBI and the Justice Department may have made a major strategic error by pushing the case into the public consciousness.”

See, it's not the thing itself that had the O administration backtracking. It's the fact that it went public and the people knowing how much their freedom of expression is working (and not). So, now the thought police have to backtrack because they know that they are not working on the people. This is the thing. If it were the thing (robbing Apple of its rights) itself, and the administration were apologising for it, that would be one thing, but it's not. What they are regretting is that it went public, so people can tear them down like the bastards they are.

O has also just proven publicly how much his promise of transparency is bullshit.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 21 Mar 2016, 10:22

Yes it is considered patriotic and fine to lie - or hide the truth - when you call it "national security" so they don't even feel bad about the :bsflag
That makes it hard trust the government's (It was hard enough before..). They must know that this is the price and they are willing to pay it.

This gives some hope though:
But it is heartening to see that the public has a much better understanding of the consequences to our privacy and security than the FBI bargained for.

I have to admit that the debate in the US is more open than here so from that angle your democracy is working better (It doesn't have to be fantastic to achieve that :mrgreen: ).

However it is more than likely that the whishes from the norwegian PST are motivated by international partners - like the FBI.
Someone must have told them that this is possible at all.... and how to do it.

The ones with that know how are most likely Americans.

The FBI and the Justice Department are not to keen on "backing down". Even the NSA seem to think that they are going to far here.

From a tech point of view there is an acceptance of the necessity for an unbreakable encryption. The NSA wants it and probably the FBI too - as does the entire government.
Tor was developed by the US Navy for this purpose.

The duality in working hard to weaken encryption and wanting a water tight encryption; makes it a fairly impossible exercise.

It comes down to that all governments in the world regard themselves as the "good guys" that can deservingly handle your private information.

It may be targeted but in order to make it a system it must be made possible to exploit all hardware - and that is likely to be abused.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 22 Mar 2016, 02:08

Exactl. The FBI and NSA, they will always think they're in the right no matter what (or know they're not but will never back down from their agenda here).
That's what makes them the bastards they are. Of course, Norway's departments would be buddies with this. It's a sad day when paranoia of something for years and years can actually bring things to fruition. Through their own paranoid hysteria they've made the governments form the NWO. Sad and pitiful, really. I remember the days when it was just conspiracy theory. Then the people kept feeding off it as truth, through their own fear. Well, here we are. The thought police are blatantly in action on it, so are the governments.

RULE THE WORLD AND RULE EVERY PART OF THE HUMANS WHO GIVE US THE GOODS! Poor pitiful willful slaves.

'n now the one religion that has spread the hysteria got what they wanted. Notice that now the NWO is actually here, the Christians SUPPORT it and if you don't support the spying and the wars, etc., you are nothing but shite! Here's what we get for it! A bunch of :liar:
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 22 Mar 2016, 19:42

Had a long discussion with my mum... she is a true and thru Catholic and I was questioning about why the Pope is endorsing and evangelizing their agenda. He should keep himself and the church off politics. My mum gave me an earfull.... like how I dare to say that...

Sad to say, the media and politicians got the population brainwashed. Is depressing see it, behaving like zombies. I cannot stand the lies any more, I stay off the TV, picking and choosing on what I want to watch, when and how.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 23 Mar 2016, 21:26

Not when it comes down to the poor and homeless, he doesn't need to keep out of politics on that! He's ding a world of good on human rights and changing stigma as well.

He fires the rich to give to the poor, changed a large room in the Vatican to a kitchen for the poor and homeless.
He's doing just fine with all that. He'a becoming the epitomy of what a Christian should be, and has a fair few followers in that.

I am however wondering his views on privacy.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 24 Mar 2016, 04:57

I disagree with it, is a Pope with an agenda... and I do not like it. Same with big O promised a boat load of crap never delivered, just lies, more fear and warmongering.

Bible says...
"Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

Separation of Church and State; no need for Theocracy; very powerful and dangerous combination that happened more than once and failed miserably each time.

Return to “General News”