American ISP's are hated more than airlines

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

American ISP's are hated more than airlines

Postby viking60 » 22 May 2013, 16:34

Usually airlines are at the bottom of the customer satisfaction lists, but they are now beaten by the Internet Service Providers.
The worst ISP's in the US are Comcastic closely followed by Time Warner Cable.

The worst part of the worst providers are the call center services.

All ISP's have poor results so this is a challenge for the entire business. The best provider is Verizon FiOS which has scored 71 out of 100 points. That is not considered a good score.

So the broadband offers in the US are mostly crap - there is no other way to see it :snooty: This is a problem for the consumers since it will not help much to change the provider - but just switch anyway.
Putting the fear of Good into the providers that are not on the top of the list, will probably work wonders for their service.
They need to be afraid of loosing you as a customer.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Re: American ISP's are hated more than airlines

Postby rolf » 22 May 2013, 16:59

Yes, well, there is not so much competition for consumers to leverage and suspicions of or actual collusion reduces that even further. There is some example of this and a suggestion that whoever is on "top" of the isp popularity list might be more a function of how the poll is conducted:

Verizon Kicks Sandy Victims to the Curb As Comcast Embraces Them
Either Way Is a Win Win For New Marketing Buddies

While Verizon has been essentially kicking Sandy victims to the curb, Comcast says it's taking great lengths to get them up and running again. As we've been discussing, Verizon has been going up and down the coast telling Sandy victims who've been waiting seven months for repairs that they'll never see their DSL lines restored. In their place Verizon is giving them Voice Link, a service that connects home phones to the Verizon Wireless network, but suffers from glitches, doesn't offer data connectivity, and lacks some basic features like named callerID...

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 22 May 2013, 17:44

Another side of the coin there. I guess you guys need to organize and collectively threaten to switch to the ISP offering the best service - all 100.000 of you.. :-D
And leave the ones not respecting your privacy behind in all cases..

Pick the ones working for you - not for Hollywood. :berserk2
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 23 May 2013, 01:53

That's hardly an option with CISPA on the way (already passed by the House), and the 6-strike rule.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 23 May 2013, 14:07

CISPA is going to be vetoed - That's a fact 'caus Obama said so +1

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 May 2013, 05:18

He also said that we wouldn't have food without labels, and that he wouldn't cower to Monsanto, among other things, and then signed bills supporting them behind our backs.

I'm done with that lying s.o.b. He'll keep fscking us over and over and over and over and over. You watch. He won't hold to the CISPA promise, either. See, he doesn't think he has to. He's part of the Rethug club.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “General News”