Congress Investigating secrecy arround security flaw

News that do not fit in elswhere

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Congress Investigating secrecy arround security flaw

Postby R_Head » 01 Dec 2018, 05:37

A lot of the stuff comes out here and there. But time is the key element that proves the past. I never dismiss anything that I cannot prove, does not matter how crazy is.

People forget easy and do not have due dillegence in research or even remember small details.

All I can say that will be interesting years ahead. If you spend most of the time in the Main Stream Media all you are getting is disinformation, opinions, propaganda and an ear full of hate. Real information... not a bit. I ditched it years ago for alternate sources that offer way better information.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 02 Dec 2018, 22:13

That doesn't answer the question.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 03 Dec 2018, 04:24

dedanna1029 wrote:I was going to ask how anyone can call it "secret" when everything about it is out in the open here. I see it now; however, R-head's article is dated 2011, viking's is just 2018. So, has this been known about for quite some time, or ?

Yes, has been known for a long time by people that know about it. But the vast majority, either did not cared at the time and dismissed it, or too hung up on propaganda that are blind to the facts. Now all the sudden a "secret" is revealed... Secret, is a nice catchy word, got to love journalism :lol:

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 09 Dec 2018, 00:24

The Intel FUBAR was known to tech companies for 6 months before the public was informed.
For this period it was a secret to everyone except the tech companies,

In these matters they have a deal to fix things before they are published to avoid exploiting....but that period has never been as long as 6 months.....

But then again this was a colossal fubar so maybe they needed longer time.

If you have your tinfoil hat on you could speculate if there was a period of time given for various agencies in the world (that are US friendly) to exploit the flaw...
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “General News”