Windows file manager help? Topic is solved

Need help with your Linux distro? All questions are good - not all answers are -but we try

Moderator: jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Windows file manager help?

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Sep 2015, 20:02

How do I get rid of all this garbage under the menu taking up the majority of this window? It had gone away somehow, but then came back when I did a couple of updates. I like to keep my file manager window small, but it seems everything I try doesn't get rid of this. Clickety-click, you'll see what I mean. I can get the majority of this through either Control Panel or the menu itself:

Thanks.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Re: Windows file manager help?

Postby Snorkasaurus » 30 Sep 2015, 20:27

That ribbon at the top looks pretty heinous and I don't know how to get rid of it, but you can clean up favorites, libraries, user folder, and homegroup from the navigation pane.

Alternatively you could use a replacement file manager like FreeCommander, Explorer++, XYPlorer, or CubicExplorer - which might provide an interface more to your liking.

s.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Windows file manager help?  Topic is solved

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Sep 2015, 22:06

Too funny, as I go post these things then end up solving them on my own. I just noticed something, see on the screenie towards the upper right of the window, there is a clickable ^ next to a blue question mark. Click it, and the ribbon disappears. I hadn't noticed it before.

Thanks Snork. :) Appreciate the support on this.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Help”