Need Beta testers

Need help with your Linux distro? All questions are good - not all answers are -but we try

Moderator: jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Need Beta testers

Postby viking60 » 02 Jun 2015, 14:18

I have programmed a Management Information System that takes care of the boring paper reporting and gives everyone involved with external clients or customers a better overview.
Every kind of project/object can be handled by this.
Employees do not have to write that boring report, and Executives don't have to get their desk flooded with those more or less inspired reports.

They can all check the status of their offers and projects right there on the screen. Depending on rights you can see only your results or the results of the entire corporation.

The main point is to keep track of all those offers made - maybe a month ago - that are not always followed up that tightly, because life happens...every day.

Keeping track of offers not gotten -but also not lost- can make a huge difference and be the difference between unemployment and success +1

This software is now ready for Beta testing - and this is where I need some help. The business side of it does not have to be your strongpoint. The critical eye of the tech - to make sure everything works - is what I need to squash eventual bugs. Optical flaws suggestion of improvements etc..

It cannot harm if you can add two and two to check that those graphs present the values correctly though.

The system comes with three languages English German and naturally Norwegian.

What I have not fine tuned yet is the rights that everyone should have.
I have these user groups
    0 Visitor
    1User
    2 able to write user
    3 Moderator
    4 Admin

Nice if you can check out what you can and cannot do.
You can check as moderators with:

userid: moderator
password: moderator

Check if the translations are complete (any German speakers out there?). register some new projects check your won projects or more boringly the ones you lost and the important ones; those not decided yet.
Please don't edit the main menu on the top - because that might confuse other testers - but do feel free to add some new menu points You can always remove them after you have finished your session.

One thing that you might find interesting is the tech info page where you have to drag a symbol over the link while you read it - because that is sensitive information that should not be on the screen while you fetch a cup of coffee.

So please help me out :pray:
Here is the link for your online testing:
:A
Clikk here to test it

Comments and impressions everything is welcome - let me hear from you here :A

PS You will have to deactivate Addblock for the site if you don't want a funny looking menu...(Of course there will be no adds to block either)
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Re: Need Beta testers

Postby Snorkasaurus » 02 Jun 2015, 16:00

Hey v60,

On the "main" page there is a box at the right that appears as though it should have a graph in it. I'm not sure if it is empty just because the test data doesn't have values or something but I thought that it could be having trouble populating the chart.

I can see however that it does populate some other charts just fine as seen here

I'm not sure of the headings on those charts are supposed to be English or if they are just Norwegian because the projects happen to have Norwegian names. Also, when I look at the report charts above, you'll notice that the menu moves down to the bottom of the page. If I click on "Home" it does return the menu back up to the top though.

When I switch to the "Basic" skin the menu still appears at the top but the text overlaps all over the place and it becomes unreadable.

Once I figured out how to get it back to another skin it returned to normal. I tried all the skins and Basic was the only one that did this for me.
I also found that a few places did not switch to English for me. Here's the "add new project" page

I also noticed that you have FCKEditor there and would suggest looking in to any vulnerabilities with it. I know (from looking at apache logs) that there are a number of script kiddie attacks for FCKEditor and of course you do not want to get hacked by little punks!

I would also like to suggest removing the rainbow bar image below the "welcome" at the top right.
It is kind of distracting and takes away from the rest of the interface which is elegantly minimalist, nice to look at, and easy to navigate. This last point is very important, keep it simple like that for sure! :s

In the list of users I noticed that I could see the IP address and password hash for the users. Does Objekt have a privilege system that would give some users "admin" priv and others just "user" priv? I didn't see anywhere that I could set a user as "less privileged" but would suggest having a way to hide some of that info and suppress some abilities from regular users.

PS: I am using Firefox v36.

How's that for a start? :-)
S.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 02 Jun 2015, 19:03

Hey and thanks!

That empty chart is only because that moderator guy has not won any projects yet :-D So it is showing a value of Zero - that is correct.
If the moderator registers a project with a sum and marks it as Won he will get a nicer graph.

Regarding that BASIC Style and menu I have experienced the same so I uploaded a fix earlier today but after my post here - maybe you can check if you still get it?
I also added the translation to the registration record - so you were to fast my friend :s

I think this is fixed - but please do arrest me if not +1

And yes I have dropped FCK-editor I used to have a nice text area but the comments got all polluted with smileys and pics, so I dropped it. The FCK-editor is uploaded but will probably disappear in the Final version.

And here I thought that thin line was so incredible slick and sophisticated :oops:
Let us here what others think of it - the crisp and functional design is of the essence so it matters +1
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Postby Snorkasaurus » 02 Jun 2015, 19:48

viking60 wrote:Regarding that BASIC Style and menu I have experienced the same so I uploaded a fix earlier today but after my post here - maybe you can check if you still get it?
I also added the translation to the registration record - so you were to fast my friend :s

I just tried it again and the Basic Style worked fine for me this time. Nice work. :-)
viking60 wrote:And here I thought that thin line was so incredible slick and sophisticated :oops:
Let us here what others think of it - the crisp and functional design is of the essence so it matters +1

I admit that I have been accused numerous times of being "too minimalist" (as you may have guessed) and people often think my "digital stuff" is too boring. I have no desktop wallpaper, no animations, no specialized fonts, no... well, you get the idea. :-) I wouldn't be surprised at all if you got other comments saying to leave in the line. I personally place a lot of importance on "page reaction" or "perceived page reaction" and have to admit that the line is so small that it has almost zero impact and does not make the page load slowly at all. Frankly if I had my way, the whole world would be a gray background with plain text boxes. LAWL!

S.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 02 Jun 2015, 22:16

KISS is good so I see where you come from.

Other issues on your list are the headings and they are supposed to change with the language selection.(part of the fix above - do arrest me if you find static Norwegian)
Some of the Grid names may be Nowegian though so there might be some strange names in that English or German.

The main menu on the top is editable so that is an exception.

The menu is at the bottom on the graph overview page - only that one - due to the presentation of the Graphs. It does break the style though so I'll see if I can make it work with the menu on top.

Regarding rights you had a bit more than the moderator will have for testing purposes. You can even watch the users but you cannot alter them or add new ones.
There you can see that all passwords are encrypted so even the administrator cannot see your password - (he can only give you a new one).

I have no way of seeing anyones password - and that is how it should be +1

PS:
That moderator just won that great big Server contract in RedHatmond from Microsoft so the graph is showing 10 Million up for the moderator now :shock:

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 03 Jun 2015, 17:14

Well used my Samsung Galaxy S5 and seems to work fine.

Found this that I can see to be written better in the English version
Because the password is MD5 encrypted not even the user himself can se his enteredpassword. only change it. The same goes for the administrator.

I think can be written as some like this....
Not even the user can see the password

Keeping the user as gender neutral.

Just poked around on a 15 min break that I had. Like the work though.
Last edited by R_Head on 03 Jun 2015, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Snorkasaurus
Berserk

Postby Snorkasaurus » 03 Jun 2015, 17:30

R_Head wrote:Found this that I can see to be written better in the English version
Because the password is MD5 encrypted not even the user himself can se his enteredpassword. only change it. The same goes for the administrator.

My concern about the password was that I thought there were rainbow tables available for MD5 making it fairly easy to crack?

S.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 03 Jun 2015, 18:01

I got you, just that pointed out the user as male and the word see was misspelled.

Was about grammar :)

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 03 Jun 2015, 19:58

Thanks Rhead - I'll take care of that (if I can find it again).

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 04 Jun 2015, 00:37

Is on the Help :)

Return to “Help”