hard disk and I want to dual-boot. Topic is solved

Need help with your Linux distro? All questions are good - not all answers are -but we try

Moderator: jkerr82508

merkutinaa

hard disk and I want to dual-boot.

Postby merkutinaa » 11 Mar 2014, 12:21

I need to partition my hard disk and I want to dual-boot. I don't want to nuke Windows XP. I can't access the Internet on Ubuntu so how to access the internet wireless on Ubuntu?
Last edited by merkutinaa on 12 Mar 2014, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: hard disk and I want to dual-boot.  Topic is solved

Postby viking60 » 11 Mar 2014, 13:02

I think you can only start the installation with the Ubuntu CD and choose the "side by side" install.
It should be pretty straight forward.
You can also have a look here

Basically you simply reduce the size of the Windows partition so that you get a lot of unallocated space and on this space you install Linux.
You can reduce the partitions from within Windows as of the Vista version (not in XP). To reduce XP you can use gparted (it is probably on the Ubuntu livedisk).

Regarding wireless what is the output of

Code: Select all

nm-tool
?
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: hard disk and I want to dual-boot.

Postby viking60 » 12 Mar 2014, 14:06

Again this was a spammer that was not listed at stopforumspam.com :f Now the jerk is registered :berserk2 :
http://www.stopforumspam.com/search?q=merkutinaa

Leaving this as solved since it might be of value to Linux newcomers.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Help”