Linux from my computer Topic is solved

Need help with your Linux distro? All questions are good - not all answers are -but we try

Moderator: jkerr82508

pueliala

Linux from my computer

Postby pueliala » 24 Sep 2013, 06:48

How can I remove Linux from my computer and restore the partition space to windows? I have both Linux Mint 11 and windows 7 on my computer and I no longer want it on my computer so... ya, pretty much says it all in the title.
Last edited by pueliala on 27 Sep 2013, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Linux from my computer  Topic is solved

Postby viking60 » 24 Sep 2013, 12:38

You can re-size the partitions from within Windows 7. And use your Windows 7 DVD (or create a System Recovery Disc) to "repair" the Master Boot Record.
You can simply select repair your computer:
Later down the line you will have the choice of a startup repair

The easiest way is to pick the Command prompt option and simply type

Code: Select all

bootrec.exe /FixMbr

That should take care of it.
In some cases you may need to do an aditional:

Code: Select all

bootrec.exe /FixBoot

This will write a new boot sector.

Linux is all about choice - nobody wants to force it on you by pressuring OEM's etc - so if this is your choice; naturally you should be able to do it.

Of course you have paid for your copy of Windows so you should have the DVD that came with the computer.

It seems clear that you belong in the Windows camp (but do feel free to ask questions about Linux anyway).

One thing that is not optional is editing posts and put commercial links in the signature later on (I have no illusions that this is the main intention of this post - so we will be watching - If not - GREAT! And do feel free to ask Windows questions; we cannot have (strong) opinions about Windows without knowing it....so we might come to your rescue there too ).
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Linux from my computer

Postby dedanna1029 » 24 Sep 2013, 20:14

Sorry, I wouldn't, lol.
Even though Linux is all about choice, I think that's the stupidest one that anyone can make.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Linux from my computer [SOLVED]

Postby viking60 » 25 Sep 2013, 13:03

This guy was listed as a spammer on stopforumspam.com so he is banned. I'll leave the question and the answer because it has information value.

But removing Linux for Windows after having used it? - I knew there was something fishy there :-D
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Linux from my computer [SOLVED]

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Sep 2013, 23:23

Yup, and suspected the same.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Help”