Getting no-ip to work Topic is solved

Need help with your Linux distro? All questions are good - not all answers are -but we try

Moderator: jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Getting no-ip to work

Postby viking60 » 26 Sep 2012, 11:45

Hi guys I am trying to get no-ip to work. I have dissected my router with Telnet so I need you to confirm that this link works.
I am kind of confused since I had it working in the Tor-Browser but it did not work via other proxies....(could be Firewall issues)
If yes; is it at all practically usable regarding functionality (probably not :-D )
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Re: Getting no-ip to work  Topic is solved

Postby rolf » 26 Sep 2012, 15:49

I was expecting 'Sauna-Cam" but all I see is:
:confused

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Getting no-ip to work

Postby viking60 » 26 Sep 2012, 16:54

:B Great then it works (without localtunnel) finally! I am looking forward to use x2go and Freenx and regular ssh from the "outside" now. :dancer
I have learned that the router GUI settings not always are "true" it can "say" that stuff is enabled while it is not - setting it via Telnet (ancient technology for Windows users since they do not have SSH), works here though.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Re: Getting no-ip to work[SOLVED]

Postby rolf » 26 Sep 2012, 17:30

Ah, I see the hamster prod has spun up the bjoernvold.com server, shoe-horned into your 10% of the Über-closet,
and roused you from your nap! :s

This is fascinating stuff about remote access and thin clients, lately.

Of course, who can forget the legendary saga of how this Humble-Berserk re-purposed his thin client for a standalone web server, thanks to much help received @ bjoernvold.com :greetings

I will save these tutorials until I can get a good camera and more computers, tyvm.

Return to “Help”