Installing the Arch server

You like a certain distro? Tell us why here

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

Forum rules
Try to avoid "fanboyism" Spam is strictly forbidden. The general rules apply: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=568
viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Installing the Arch server

Postby viking60 » 18 Oct 2010, 11:26

...And now it all works - everything! I have put the Archserver project on the web again under http://viking60.dyndns.org please confirm that you can see it! I had a load of trouble with the router - but it should be fixed now.
I will not be giving up on this one. Now I am going to leave it out there and see how long it stays :D
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 18 Oct 2010, 12:23

I can guarantee you that I don't know if I can see it right now 'cause I've been up all night... :mrgreen:
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 18 Oct 2010, 21:32

Here you go talking about yourself again while the task was to praise my Archserver. :arrogant: Ioncube encryption is now working perfectly on that server. There is a small issue with the integration of FCKeditor (In the encrypted script) but that is probably a chmod thing.

I put the loader; ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so in /usr/lib/php/20060613 and in php.ini I put this at the end of the extensions:

Code: Select all

zend_extension=/usr/lib/php/20060613/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

One would think that extension=ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so would be enough, but the zend part and the entire path has to be specified. Oh well once you know it, it is easy 8-)
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 18 Oct 2010, 22:19

Actually, since you asked if we were able to see it, I threw a tease your way. I did actually go there and was able to see it fine.

Thanks for the info on it.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 18 Oct 2010, 22:26

:cheers And since the Archserver is on a different database you will have to register again - sorry about that. This time I will leave it there -promise! :tux5:
Edit:
OK time to conclude here then: I have run out of things to do. That means that everything I tried has been successfully set up. Most hick ups were direct human errors and some were Hardware related and had nothing to do with the server.
:A
I installed LAMP (Linux Apache Mysql Php). As always I had the most trouble with php but that is mostly because I have this Idea that only chickens read manuals.
I installed phpmyadmin and managed to get all these parts to communicate. (Some good help from the Arch gurus there).
I installed SAMBA - and it works fine now. And as always I have no clue what I did - I just keep at it, until it works :coffee_smile:
NFS is installed and running.
FTP server is running and so is SSL and ssh.
Ioncube loaders are installed and so are the ioncube encrypted scripts.This took a bit of tweaking but it all runs fine now.
I had to install ddclient from source but that will be in the repos in the future for sure.
All in all this has been interesting and I am convinced that Arch_server will make a fine server :s
As you can se here

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 23 Oct 2010, 19:17

Regarding the security of the server I guess the ArchServer site is the best place too look:
http://bbs.archserver.org/viewtopic.php?pid=804#p804

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 03 Nov 2010, 15:08

Ok I tried to install postgresql on it an that was simply not possible. There was an unspecified conflict. I do have mysql installed but both should be possible really!

Code: Select all

[rulle@rulle BCMS_kodet]$ sudo pacman -S postgresql
Password:
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (2): postgresql-libs-8.4.4-1  postgresql-8.4.4-1 

Total Download Size:    0.00 MB
Total Installed Size:   28.75 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
checking package integrity...
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                   [##################################################################################################################################################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/usr/share/postgresql/pg_service.conf.sample exists in both 'postgresql-libs' and 'postgresql'
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I cannot see that postgresql-libs is installed at all. So this "conflict" is confusing.

fukawi2
Guru-Berserk

Postby fukawi2 » 03 Nov 2010, 22:51

That's probably a my bad in packaging PostgreSQL. Could you create a bug on the bug tracker for me please? (http://bugs.archserver.org)

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 Nov 2010, 01:43

Already did - it was closed. I filed one on postgresql for Arch - it closed, so I filed upstream.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 04 Nov 2010, 11:27

No you didn't! This is ArchServer not Archlinux! I'll get arround to it fukawi!
Edit: http://bugs.archserver.org/task/101

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 Nov 2010, 16:05

Yeah, I did say Arch - but the thing is, it does alert him that something's up with postgresql on the whole, which is why I mentioned it.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 07 Nov 2010, 13:36

OK the bug id closed and fixed by triplem - thanks. So I did a pacman -Syu and installed postgresql. This time it went just fine :s The password is set up for me in a file I better write down:
/srv/pgData-8.4/password.txt

Now I have to figure out where postgresql.conf is :think: Boy I really am blank on this one :C

Return to “Distro talk”