Manjaro is heading for the top spot at Distrowatch

You like a certain distro? Tell us why here

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

Forum rules
Try to avoid "fanboyism" Spam is strictly forbidden. The general rules apply: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=568
viking60
Über-Berserk

Manjaro is heading for the top spot at Distrowatch

Postby viking60 » 24 Apr 2018, 23:39

Distrowatch is by no means a certain way to show a distro's market share.

Android is the biggest Linux distro and in fact the biggest OS in the world - yes bigger than Windows too...

For the other distros Distrowatch gives an indication and there Mint has been the undisputed ruler for years.

But now Manjaro is giving Mint a run for the top spot with good reason.

Manjaro has matured and is surprisingly functional and easy to use given that it is Arch based.

I have been using it for years...because it does the job and is easy and fun. Yes I admit that I also have Arch boxes and they work exactly the same after I have spent the time setting it up..which can be a lot,

Not so with Manjaro - it pretty much just works and you do not have to use the Terminal for installing etc. I prefer to - but you don't have to.
Manjaro gives you the choice and you can find pretty much any App on the planet and install it.

...Now others have discovered it too.

ATM Mint and Manjaro are at the most popular Linux distro's at Distrowatch.com
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Manjaro is heading for the top spot at Distrowatch

Postby viking60 » 15 May 2018, 15:24

...And so it has happened ! Manjaro is on the top and leading by a mile.
This is rather surprising for an Arch based derivative...and it will turn of those sophisticated Arch users who love to tell everybody that Arch is not for them.

That cosey exclusive feeling is seriously rubbed by Manjaro these days.

I love Pacman and all the very good stuff those Arch guys have put into Arch - it has it all..except maybe that rock solid stability.

With Manjaro we have got that too (..almost) so it is no wonder that it is on top now.

More here

https://distrowatch.com/
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Distro talk”