BIG news from Manjaro

You like a certain distro? Tell us why here

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

Forum rules
Try to avoid "fanboyism" Spam is strictly forbidden. The general rules apply: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=568
viking60
Über-Berserk

BIG news from Manjaro

Postby viking60 » 23 Dec 2015, 00:41

Phil is announcing some BIG news from Manjaro .. but will not say what it is yet.
I have updated to the latest but I can't tell. :confused

Have a look here
Rumor has it that Manjaro will implement the Bluescreen of Death and that you can already buy the T shirt.
:A

As you can see I have been a bad boy - revealing too much - so I am punished with 12 h of listening to Ompa Music.. without Alcohol.... :boohoo: :oops:
(I revealed that Manjaro will be Ubuntu based :whistle: :liar: )
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: BIG news from Manjaro

Postby viking60 » 23 Dec 2015, 11:09

:drummer
:drummer
Manjaro Capella has matured too stable. As far as I can tell; it has been stable for a long time - but now it is official. This should make it a reliable alternative for most computers.

Many come to Manjaro from Ubuntu.. and they love it. It has become a user friendly distro even if it is Arch based. There is a market for a user friendly Arch as Manjaro has proven.

Manjaro is not just an Arch derivative since it brings new features to the table; like the unique Kernel handling and also givers back polished software to Arch like Octopi and the Whisker menu with its splendid translations and Compiz.

Compiz is not dead and maintained by Manjaro devs; it is totally usable on Arch too.

If you gofor for the Manjaro version (compiz-manjaro) ; it is rock solid and stable (but no cube). If you go for the trad. version you get the cube and can play a lot but it is not that stable.

I find the Manjaro version just fine as it does not get in your way, but still has all the whistles and blows that you occasionally may need.

Manjaro has worked a lot with Kde lately and ti comes with Plasma 5. I use Xfce4 or Openbox and I am perfectly happy with that.

The Openrc version without systemd is extremely fast and really a perfect option for older hardware (and new one...) Try it... you will be amazed.

Manjaro is probably the distro with the most flavors, so there is something for every taste there.
..And the Arch Pacman package handler is still the best in the world. +1
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 Feb 2016, 18:58

"I revealed that Manjaro will be Ubuntu based"

Ah, yes. Just what we need, another 'buntu to prop up Shuttleworth with.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 Feb 2016, 19:10

But to their credit, it's only a package or two.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 05 Feb 2016, 12:12

Yeah it was only an evil joke on my part :mrgreen:

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 05 Feb 2016, 13:04

Ah, well, very cool then. You had me fooled!
No gods, no masters.

Return to “Distro talk”