Manjaro an easy "Arch" for the common user?

You like a certain distro? Tell us why here

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

Forum rules
Try to avoid "fanboyism" Spam is strictly forbidden. The general rules apply: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=568
viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Manjaro an easy "Arch" for the common user?

Postby viking60 » 06 Aug 2013, 21:38

Well rolf is the guru - so that is probably right then.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 07 Aug 2013, 15:38

Actually, no. Later, on the live dvd, I ran a search for reiserfs - came up two packages, one being reiserfsprogs, and the other being something like progsreiserfs(?), can't remember the name for sure. It also mounted my reiserfs partitions just fine.

So yes, it supports reiserfs.

Thanks.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 28 Nov 2013, 12:12

Well I have been running this for a long time now and still it just works and keeps getting better. It still is in beta so when it hits version 1 it will most certainly rock.
There are no new releases to report about because this is a rolling release so we simply install once and update forever.

Pamac package manager has developed to a fully fledged package manager that also will update AUR installs.
Octopi is even better in some aspects especially when searching for software.
Both are great package managers.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Distro talk”