Social media rants go here

Well its a networking forum.... #"@! Atheros drivers...

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Social media rants go here

Postby dedanna1029 » 24 Feb 2012, 05:14

All jokes aside, all of the above was boring me to tears. I went through some hundred people that were posting like that constantly, and kicked them off my facebook. I prefer an ecclectic world. Not to mention that this is the same reason I quit twitter. After three years of it, I was fed up. There's more to life, and kicking them off wasn't doing much good. It's like trading the channel 5 news for the channel 11 news. It's all the same, and that wasn't what I was after with it. I got into social networking to, y'know... SOCIALIZE and post status updates as, y'know, STATUS UPDATES,, but when you do that, no one wants a doggone thing to do wiith you. I think it has something to do with moronic ability that the majority of humanity holds.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 24 Feb 2012, 14:36

People are like Monkeys; they see and they do.

So with all these so called Reality TV and people that does nothing like the Kardashians, Kate Gosseling and many others; gives the impression that having a public life is the way to go.

If you see their accounts is littered with all sorts trash postings; to say, watch me!
Bragging about followers...

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 24 Feb 2012, 15:22

Well hell, at least they SAY something, and it's their own, and not someone else's. I followed musicians and a lot of bands, symphonic metal, metal, and rock. Ar least they'd talk to you, and a lot of them were mighty good people. They will be the only thing I'll miss about it, them and the select few that I could honestly call friends, and not robots.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 24 Feb 2012, 15:24

Unsigned band people were really the best. Am still going to keep in touch with them, methinks, somehow. It was just that the frikking robots drowned them out on my news feed. Asshats. :P FYI, Kim Kardashian's a bitch.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 Mar 2012, 08:18

I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 31 Mar 2012, 12:38

My wide De-friend most of her contacts, except for the family. She uses FB mostly for the advertisement or to see what is out there.

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Postby rolf » 31 Mar 2012, 15:53

GF and her sister use Facebook a lot to communicate with family and friends in Vietnam. There, it's easier/cheaper than email. I've got their accounts restricted to friends only and it seems to work very well for them.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 01 Apr 2012, 07:16

I've restricted Twitter according to my mild hatred of it, and that post above is the first - and probably last - in seven months. Facebook I've restricted to complete total hatred and annihilation. I'm tired of the 24/7 broken records pushing agendas based on sheer opinion, and no fact. I can't count how many times I've caught people putting up opinion, and calling it as fact. It's called brainwashing others to go your way. Screw that. I'll go the way I want, not the way some facebook politico junkie wants me to go. Plus, Zuckerberg's running a piece of crap now anyway.

Write letters (oh, that's right, they don't teach writing in our schools any more in the US because being a computer addict is enough. That's ok, I know how to write still, and do). I am so glad that I was raised before some idiot put up a thing called Facebook that does nothing, and goes nowhere. The phone is still pretty nice, too. So is reading a real (gods forbid) book. I'm reading some Al Gore right now. :) So nice to have time to, too, because I'm no longer joined at the hip with so-called "social" networking. It's also nice to know that in this day and age, I can do something these kids today can't do, instead of the other way 'round. That would be reading and writing, and guess what? My kids and their kids can, too.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 02 Apr 2012, 13:06

Al Gore, want a Douche Bag ! :twisted:

Watch for the new word on the media.

Long time ago... There was a thing called a rumor, the word in the street, gossip, etc... Now days, all those words have been combined on one single one and now is called...

Drum roll please :T

A Blogger :A

License to lie and make crap up for the feeble minded. +1

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 02 Apr 2012, 13:19

:lolup :B
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 02 Apr 2012, 15:05

The Al Gore I'm reading happens to be good - The Assault On Reason. Besides, if that's all you carried away with you from that post, then I feel extremely sorry for you, because you totally completely missed a very important-for-everyone point.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 02 Apr 2012, 18:51

I am sorry, anything that comes out of that spoke-a-hole Al Gore is nothing but BS.

The way the world works is very simple....

The world is divided in layers.

The regular people (Us) is the bottom layer.

The government is the middle layer.

The Businesses is the upper layer.

The businesses are engaged on an economical feud.
They look for resources and they are all interwoven.
With that monetary power; they control politicians and governments.

The world Nations/Governments sole purpose is to be the control of the Population.
How they do that?
Is very simple; by keeping all of us entertained using the Media as their vehicle.

What do you think the Gov is doing every day, talking about freedom, constitutions and saving the children?
No; they are looking for ideas to pitch to the general populous so they keep them tranquilized and agree with whatever decision they want to make.

There are 2 ways to be on the Upper Layer.

1) Born into it (inheritance).
2) Work your way up.

To work in the way up if you are a “nobody” is to become a politician, once you serve the “public” you can pretty much have warrantee a position on a corporation.

How many high officials from any Gov becomes some kind of high executive on a corporation?

The Corporations are the real Nations of the world.
They provide you with Money to buy food, shelter and health.

Is easy to understand; no rocket science.
They want you to be very narrow minded, in the dark so you do not know what is going on.
If you want to get ahead all you have to do is secure employment on one of those “Nations”.
The better the Corporation the better the benefits, the better you live and the more you will not give a rat's ass for anybody.

It has been that way since the Man crawled out of the slime from the primeval ooze.
We all compete for resources.

Now they are 4 Major Players in the world and is not enough.

1) Europe
2) USA
3) Russia
4) China
This very last one (the 4th) is pissing the other ones off since they do not play by the rules.
They are stripping the world out of resources like locusts and we cannot tolerate that.
China is all over Africa buying the locals with Buildings, Roads and Technology.
Pretty much the same way the Pilgrims gave the Natives a Bead Necklace (about $24 worth) for the Manhattan Island.

The mess is getting out of control with the TSA that is also an opportunity for business.
All the X-Ray machines, Puffers, Metal Detectors and many other gadgets not even approved to be used on humans.
They are all benefiting from the spoils of the war.

Search for the world Gas and Oil Pipeline maps, plot it against insurgencies and news reports, also add some military bases in the mix.
You will be surprised how they match.

Return to “Networking”