Social media rants go here

Well its a networking forum.... #"@! Atheros drivers...

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Social media rants go here

Postby dedanna1029 » 08 Oct 2010, 20:35

Yep, among other things. Just need a quieter life in general right now. Follow @Dedanna2 if you want, but I probably won't be there much. I'm just burned out.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Mar 2011, 17:21

All too funny. Facebook now has blocked me from using it - says I'm on a "bad i.p." - am using Tor there. Had to fill out a form to be able to get back in. We'll see if they go for it. lol. If they think I'm going in without tor, they got another thing coming.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 12 Mar 2011, 17:45

Yes hiding your address, social security no., family name, name of your kids, and what car you drive - is soon to become a crime, :T
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Mar 2011, 17:46

Yep, well, that's tough on them isn't it. I'm not about to stop now with it.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 12 Mar 2011, 18:21

IMHO Social Networking is the most intrusive thing ever. The worse part is that is a choice and most people falls for it.

Call me antisocial but I am not going to advertise my life.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 12 Mar 2011, 23:16

I don't think anyone does. Most I know use it for a specific cause (or to sit there on their asses and play the stupid games they have there; I don't have people like that on my list at all. I hate the damn things).
No gods, no masters.

andrewsmith082

Postby andrewsmith082 » 18 Aug 2011, 07:13

Nice thread everyone. We might try to work a reference to this one into our post about becoming a vancouver social company next week is that's cool?

commercial link removed

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 18 Aug 2011, 12:34

andrewsmith082 wrote:Nice thread everyone. We might try to work a reference to this one into our post about becoming a vancouver social company next week is that's cool?

commercial link removed

Who are you? Are you selling me some? When someone try to sell me some, I stop listening...

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 18 Aug 2011, 13:24

@andrewsmith082
I have removed what I believed was meant as an add for your commercial activity here. You may continue to discuss without those links.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 22 Feb 2012, 23:49

Damn sure is! I just did, and here's all my reasoning right here. Privacy had very little to do with it in the end - it was all the asshats! And WOW! It sure feels good not to be a slave to them any more!

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/feb/05/time-to-leave-facebook-debate?cat=commentisfree&type=article
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 23 Feb 2012, 11:32

:s Facebook is a security risk - for you! Here police folks are advised to get their but out of Facebook as soon as they can by the national security control.
Since it is a risk for them it is a risk for you. I cannot see how this risk should be exclusive only for one profession.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 24 Feb 2012, 04:53

Yes, true, but like I said, that had very little to do with it. I cared not that the FBI or CIA or anyone of the countless spies were doing just that - spying. I want them to hear what I have to say, mostly being that they are indeed asshats who are ruining the country and world. So bring it on, you morons, spy away and take your earfuls like good little boys and assholes.

What got me was the PEOPLE. They spend literally all day posting every 5 seconds (literally!), sharing other people's crap, pushing political agendas, day and night, things that say the same damn thing over and over, like a broken record (make absolutely no mistake of why productivity is way way down in the workplace all over the world, people). It's SSOOO obvious these idiots are trying to brainwash you - they never say anything about themselves, or anything original. They just post the same crap over and over again (generally someone else's, then have the hudspah to say "Good night, dear friends" - WHAT??? LOL.)

For me, it's because the social network of asshats aren't being social, but they sure are being asshats! I can make up my own mind about things, TYVM. I don't need these robots to tell me what and how to think. Geez. I'm the queen of the free-thinkers as it is. :D

Return to “Networking”