Social media rants go here

Well its a networking forum.... #"@! Atheros drivers...

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Social media rants go here

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 Apr 2012, 05:10

Um, yeah, you missed the point. What does all that have to do with social networking (which I was directly referencing)?
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 04 Apr 2012, 13:51

I know it took a left turn on that one. Hard to stay on track at work.
People ask all sorts of questions and you forgot where you at…

True, has nothing to do with social media… but in a small way is related.

One of the biggest data miners/hoarder was Edgar Hoover.
He kept files on everybody and that is how he got away with a lot.
What Facebook does is actually a free and willing repository of information.
The head honcho of the FBI was spotted in Facebook main offices.

What we need to remember that FB is one of those business that sprung out of nowhere.
Just another site like My Space, Orkut, etc… what made FB what it is that everybody in the web seems to agree to be there.
In the same way Night Clubs operate. One day some people might be fed up with it and join another Social Networking.
And here we go again.

Mark Zuckerberg in my opinion is not a genius; just someone that struck gold, got lucky.

I remember long ago when Goggle was the one that was able to take down MS.
There is some that makes me wonder…
Did someone noticed Goggle success and is controlling it?

Facebook, Twitter, Google and others gives me the feeling they seems to have someone pulling the strings.
Like the way they operate seems to be similar.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 Apr 2012, 17:07

Well, yeah, like I always say, there is no site that you can go to any more where we're not listened to by someone, and I will say also, that there is no such thing as "Private browsing" (sorry, viking, I'm sick and tired of illusions and delusions both), unless you have a firewall bigger than god and Tor on top of it, along with a few other things I can think of, and a nuclear bomb in your computer ready to strike back. There just is no such thing. There are illusions that there is, but there isn't, no matter what you do.

For instance, here. We don't listen to others or invade their privacy, but who's to say the FBI, Norwegian authorities, et. al aren't listening? In fact, we KNOW the U.S. is.

The difference being, I don't give a damn. No one stops me from saying what I'm going to, anywhere I want to (at least, not without a REAL good ass-kicking first).
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 06 Apr 2012, 17:25

Well, well, well. It seems Shuttleworth has sold people on the non-fact that he's some kind of "visionary", when he is polluting Open Source much further than Google has. Check this crap out. The Linux Foundation put up this post from The Business Insider:

NEWS: Mark Shuttleworth will keynote LinuxCon Europe in Barcelona, taking place Nov 5-7. He talks to BusinessInsider's Julie Bort about that and other things.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-shu ... ple-2012-4

10:30 in the morning. I need a drink.

Edited - whoa, typos and grammatical errors big time. Damn phone.
Last edited by dedanna1029 on 08 Apr 2012, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 06 Apr 2012, 18:00

Yeah he needs to contribute more to the Linux code.
Marketing Linux and Ubuntu is fine, but not giving anything back is - suspicious. Microsoft is contributing more!
But I wish him the best of luck with Unity. He needs it, because it is absolute crap!
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 08 Apr 2012, 19:15

viking60 wrote:Yeah he needs to contribute more to the Linux code.
Marketing Linux and Ubuntu is fine, but not giving anything back is - suspicious. Microsoft is contributing more!
But I wish him the best of luck with Unity. He needs it, because it is absolute crap!

+1

I can also think of other things he needs to do, like... never mind.
No gods, no masters.

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Zuckerberg made Instagram deal without board

Postby rolf » 20 Apr 2012, 03:33

Wow. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg reportedly just informed the Facebook board of directors that he was going to buy Instagram for a billion dollars on the morning of the announcement.

By Mike Elgan, at his blog,, or google+ page, or whatever.
:think: I don't know that he has to do business the way everybody else does but maybe the CEO's at bjoernvold have some idea. :whistle:

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Zuckerberg made Instagram deal without board

Postby viking60 » 20 Apr 2012, 10:41

:lolup Yeah This is the dilemma:
This guy is used to follow his mind and make it a success despite the ladida and blablabla of bureocrats and others.
The success is depending on it. The way from decision to action is short and sweet - and sometimes wrong. In that case the correction will be equally short and sweet.
So the solution is to fire the board - no question about it. 8-)
Clearly it is a member of the very same board that has leaked this information making Zuckerberg look like an Idiot. So fire him - immediately.

Scenario2:
The competition make a convenient leak to talk the Facebook shares down only days before they are going public getting the first public stock value.
This is not unlikely at all because this news is only "reportedly" - It often means strategic rumor. In this case he can keep the board :-D
Lose Cannon CEO's are dangerous - but profitable in this case. And the stock market is all about risk and profit. With the board and no "Zucko"; Facbook is worth nothing. The other way around has worked nicely so far..

In both cases I am of the opinion that the Facbook stock will be overrated.. :twisted:

Everybody with some sense should get their but out of Facebook really. It is considered a hazard for police people to register - that goes for other professions too IMO.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 04 May 2012, 19:25

No gods, no masters.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 02 Jun 2012, 06:33

Well, it appears that Fart F#ckerberg is getting sued right and left, first for misrepresenting the stock at the IPO story here on the stock plummeting, but also, the coup de gras: a $15 billion class-action lawsuit, I love it:
Summary: Facebook is once again being sued for tracking its users even after they logout of the service. The latest class action lawsuit demands $15 billion from Facebook for violating federal wiretap laws.

Facebook is being sued for $15 billion for tracking users, even after they have logged out of the social network, and violating federal wiretap laws. If that sounds familiar, that’s because it is: Facebook faces nationwide class action tracking cookie lawsuit.

Today’s lawsuit, filed in Federal Court in San Jose, California, combines 21 separate cases across the U.S. in 2011 and early 2012. It’s an amended consolidated class-action complaint that claims the company is invading the privacy of its users by tracking them across the Internet. If the claimants are successful in their case against Facebook, they could prevent Menlo Park from collecting the huge amount of data it collects about its users to serve ads back to them.

A real easy way to get rich. People here that are on FB, go get in on that lawsuit! :mrgreen:

(Yeah, you would get rich - look how long you've been on FB putting up with this! :A )
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 02 Jun 2012, 09:40

Yes Facebook was overrated and still is. They should loose that 15 billion lawsuit and put the spy in Jail.
And I do not care much for the profit and business thinking regarding lawsuits - "Get rich if you were on FB".
The decent conclusion is to get your but out of there. And if that is not respected; to punish the perpetrator.
It is a very American way of thinking; "How much money can I make out of it".

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 02 Jun 2012, 12:17

Law Suits are pretty much pushed by lawyers.
Those bastards winning or losing the case they get paid; that is why they do what they do.

If you bought FB stocks and you are on a loss is on you for making the wrong choice. I buy and sell stocks and at this moment are not doing so well (due to the economy); but is my loss, I made the choice.

FB was a sucker's bet; lots of people fell for it.
I did not :s

FB is not going to last too long another Social Media will come out and replace them like a Night Club or Club House.
That is human nature.
Last edited by R_Head on 04 Jun 2012, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Networking”