What is the best vpn to get for linux

Well its a networking forum.... #"@! Atheros drivers...

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

ryansege

What is the best vpn to get for linux

Postby ryansege » 15 May 2018, 12:12

I have been using Ubuntu past 1 year and it a good OS just like macOS. So I use it on my Dell laptop and stream shows on it. Lately, I have been facing region restriction problem while I stream and this is getting on my nerve. So research how to bypass it someway. I get to know about VPN service that can help to change my IP address for bypassing region restriction. I found it hard to find a service for Linux, all the service on the internet are mostly for Android, iPhone, windows & mac. So if possible please recommend me VPN service for Linux.

HBLEY

Re: What is the best vpn to get for linux

Postby HBLEY » 18 May 2018, 07:46

There isnt one but are many which are very compatible with linux infrastructure. I have used a lot of them. Bestvpn for linux will give you an idea.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: What is the best vpn to get for linux

Postby viking60 » 18 May 2018, 12:41

Welcome ryansege! :greetings

I use Zenmate in Chromium to watch German Football. You can change the country so that the restrictions go away - I believe that is your main issue.
It is free but there is some nagging about upgrading to premium.

Opera comes wit a free built in VPN but I don't think you can change the country there.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Networking”