What is the best vpn to get for linux

Well its a networking forum.... #"@! Atheros drivers...

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

ryansege

What is the best vpn to get for linux

Postby ryansege » 15 May 2018, 12:12

I have been using Ubuntu past 1 year and it a good OS just like macOS. So I use it on my Dell laptop and stream shows on it. Lately, I have been facing region restriction problem while I stream and this is getting on my nerve. So research how to bypass it someway. I get to know about VPN service that can help to change my IP address for bypassing region restriction. I found it hard to find a service for Linux, all the service on the internet are mostly for Android, iPhone, windows & mac. So if possible please recommend me VPN service for Linux.

HBLEY

Re: What is the best vpn to get for linux

Postby HBLEY » 18 May 2018, 07:46

There isnt one but are many which are very compatible with linux infrastructure. I have used a lot of them. Bestvpn for linux will give you an idea.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 18 May 2018, 12:41

Welcome ryansege! :greetings

I use Zenmate in Chromium to watch German Football. You can change the country so that the restrictions go away - I believe that is your main issue.
It is free but there is some nagging about upgrading to premium.

Opera comes wit a free built in VPN but I don't think you can change the country there.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

mariad

Postby mariad » 16 Jul 2018, 11:13

That's not all for some unmatched security for linux users, you can also have a look at these 7 Best VPN for Linux. The list not just compiled out of the blue but it will also provide you with the pros and cons of the vpn's they are recommending. Hope it helps you with the issue.

Smith44

Postby Smith44 » 18 Sep 2018, 12:30

I have tried many VPNs on linux and the best suitable and easy to use vpn are only two. Purevpn and Express vpn. Both VPNs are most reputable and provide great pricing. Also, Purevpn does have a wide range of VPN Server that's why I would recommend you to try it.

Return to “Networking”