Windows 10 has critical vulnerability affecting 900 Million

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Windows 10 has critical vulnerability affecting 900 Million

Postby viking60 » 15 Jan 2020, 02:34

A tech guy discovered a ’ Windows security vulnerability? He tweeted about it.
:A
https://twitter.com/wdormann/status/1216763957446422528
"I get the impression that people should perhaps pay very close attention to installing tomorrow's Microsoft Patch Tuesday updates in a timely manner. Even more so than others," Dormann wrote, adding, "I don't know... just call it a hunch?"

This is so bad that the NSA got the Windows update shipped in all secrecy to keep their own systems up.

Nobody is prepared to say exactly what is wrong - it is that bad :C (Well keeping closed source is keeping secrets; by design)

This was picked up by investigative reporter Brian Krebs, who said that his sources told him, "Microsoft is slated to release a software update on Tuesday to fix an extraordinarily serious security vulnerability in a core cryptographic component present in all versions of Windows."

So update your Windows immediately! +1

You do not have Windows 10? ...Doesn't matter it affects everything including Windows XP.

Yet another reason to love Linux....right Microsoft?

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

gnuuser
Berserk

Re: Windows 10 has critical vulnerability affecting 900 Million

Postby gnuuser » 16 Jan 2020, 03:24

so when are windows users going to wise up and sue the arse off of microsith?
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Windows 10 has critical vulnerability affecting 900 Million

Postby R_Head » 16 Jan 2020, 12:59

Not going to happen. Is so embeded as the only thing around that is a necessary evil. Beside, they are so powerful and they have the the Justice Depts in their back pocket. Unless, there is a Judge, that open the flood gates... is not going to happen. Also, a "too big to fail" like good ol' sock puppet "O'bummer" used to say.

Return to “Win News”