Is this a possible goodbye to C and C++ programming?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Is this a possible goodbye to C and C++ programming?

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Jul 2019, 18:47

I sure hope so. I hate that they use it in Linux. To me, C, C+, and C++ are the bains of computing existence, straight from Satan himself.

The majority of vulnerabilities fixed and with a CVE assigned are caused by developers inadvertently inserting memory corruption bugs into their C and C++ code. As Microsoft increases its code base and uses more Open Source Software in its code, this problem isn't getting better, it's getting worse.

Rust in peace: Memory bugs in C and C++ code cause security issues so Microsoft is considering alternatives once again
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Is this a possible goodbye to C and C++ programming?

Postby R_Head » 19 Jul 2019, 19:38

What I am very defensive with Microsoft using/ colaborating on Open Source codes. Mark my words... they are a cancer, a parasite, once they invade the host they will asimilate the host like the Borg. At the end, those small pieces of codes can be "copywrited". You are not seen it right now, because they move slow, they are boiling the frog very slowly....

We are on the Embrace part. :T

Blackcrack

Postby Blackcrack » 20 Jul 2019, 06:44

R_Head wrote:What I am very defensive with Microsoft using/ colaborating on Open Source codes. Mark my words... they are a cancer, a parasite, once they invade the host they will asimilate the host like the Borg. At the end, those small pieces of codes can be "copywrited". You are not seen it right now, because they move slow, they are boiling the frog very slowly....

2nd !~

C [strike]was[/strike]/is existent very long and Borland have also supporded it .. c has exist at the/by start and c will exist by the end of the computers.. c, was maybe a prank, but c works !

Microsoft is a Parasite, a Pirate, like Apple, Microsoft Is a deceitful rat.. the first Case was at the Dos-Programmer and the 2nd case at IBM,
the famous words still reverberate in the halls " if you want to be the best, steal from the best "
and the Open Sourcewold is the best !" So, who is there a bad thing.. not the tool, the Persons who make bad things..

if you eat, what do you use as tool, and if there a killer, what use he as tool ? so, not the tool is it, the User is it..

not the programmer language it is, the peoples who siting behind and not fix it.. for have later other possibility's.. think around the corner and not only straight on !

best regards
Blacky

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Jul 2019, 18:43

R_Head wrote:What I am very defensive with Microsoft using/ colaborating on Open Source codes. Mark my words... they are a cancer, a parasite, once they invade the host they will asimilate the host like the Borg. At the end, those small pieces of codes can be "copywrited". You are not seen it right now, because they move slow, they are boiling the frog very slowly....

Definitely. Another reason I hate its infiltrating into Linux. Have been warning about it for years, and few have believed me.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 17 Oct 2019, 16:37

c and c++ are still powerful programming languages that many devices still use. But the bane of them was their structure was difficult for many people to learn, they are still good learning tools but many people chose not to learn it.
with the advent of python, ruby, and other IDE's programming becomes simpler to accomplished but the structure learning component is not there.
while microsoft's software was not essentially bad in the first place ( cant say that now!), where things turned south is when the weasel legal departments got involved.
and the snowball just rolled downhill from there.
and apple software and hardware was great but so highly priced that many people balked at the prospect of forking out a fortune for something they could get from the sith a lot cheaper, (so what if it didn't have all the bells and whistles that mac's had).
now you add the control freak attitudes of both apple and microsoft coupled with the push advertising that gets more and more difficult to stop, its a wonder people haven't switched to linux long ago.
Linux is not easy for a new user but thankfully the do have the user forums to help them out.
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 16 Dec 2019, 19:59

Not bad initially??? Sorry, but with Win '95 I got no less than 565 instances of a virus...
No gods, no masters.

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 20 Dec 2019, 03:41

win 3.0, 3.1, and 3.11 were ok But when NT and 95 came out they were quickly dumped on the wayside
it was the advent of commercially used software.
development was being done at breakneck speeds and not thoroughly debugged before publishing.
with commercial oriented software usually was short lived before a newer version requiring a newer os. this just made things worse.
with so much unsecured software out their hackers had a plethora of sources they could exploit. many hackers of the day prided themselves on what they found and willingly passed on the information to their friends.
there were and always will be malicious hackers out there willing to exploit any weakness whether it's windows, mac, unix, or linux.
if I remember correctly the first commercial internet browser that came out in win 3.11 was netscape navigator!
prior to that it was bb network being used by microsoft

c and c++ is still valid and powerful programming languages

yeah I'm an old fart! :lol:
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 31 Dec 2019, 20:21

I remember Netscape on 3.11.

I'm a python lover. Almost dropped out of my C+/C++ programming class, deliberately. I detested it, and it was a wrong class to take anyway - had to do it in Windows, and was going for Linux.
No gods, no masters.

Return to “Win News”