Microsoft leaks accounts and social security no.

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Microsoft leaks accounts and social security no.

Postby viking60 » 20 May 2017, 00:10

In Norway Bing has indexed Social security numbers and bank accounts and other personal information.
Bing indexes everything and Microsoft claims that it is up to you to secure your data.

They cannot be blamed for Bing indexing those data and that they have become public...they say.

The Norwegian control instance in these matters - Datatilsynet - have a very different view on the matter and will be investigating Microsoft in Norway.

Microsoft must have known that these data could become public and and should give at least a warning.

So don't use Edge or Internet Explorer for banking since Microsoft will routinely steal , store, and index sensitive data like account numbers and login details.
...and definitely do not use Bing!

Hundreds of invoices,account numbers and payment data from companies have become public too. In these cases it does not matter how well you have secured your data if the companies have not.

This is nothing special in Norway - Microsoft does it all over the world.

Maybe this is a case of people slowly discovering what Microsoft has been doing all along..and now they get shocked.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Microsoft leaks accounts and social security no.

Postby R_Head » 20 May 2017, 00:37

I am glad that I do not use Bing... the net is very nasty, not because is open... is all the crap to make you feel save.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 23 May 2017, 23:34

Well well well. Microcrap sucks once again.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 25 May 2017, 20:47

dedanna1029 wrote:Well well well. Microcrap sucks once again.

+1 This really sucks.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 May 2017, 20:06

Aye. I've released it to people who... well, let's just say the right rebels.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Win News”