Microsoft a weak link in national security

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Microsoft a weak link in national security

Postby viking60 » 19 Jun 2010, 09:25

"Microsoft has vast resources, literally billions of dollars in cash, or liquid assets reserves. Microsoft is an incredibly successful empire built on the premise of market dominance with low-quality goods."

Who wrote those lines? Steve Jobs? Linux inventor Linus Torvalds? Ralph Nader? No, the author is former White House adviser Richard A. Clarke in his new book, Cyber War: The Next Threat to National Security and What to Do About I

In Norway the police Window's system was hacked too.
Considering this it really is surprising that Windows is used in these critical areas. Good lobbying and a lot of money should end at national security.
The threat from Microsoft to stop cooperating with the government if they picked Linux, which they preferred, is working even in the US. It will sure work in other countries too.
http://arstechnica.com/security/news/20 ... curity.ars
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Microsoft a weak link in national security

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Jun 2010, 18:02

No worries, it'll happen.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Microsoft a weak link in national security

Postby viking60 » 19 Jun 2010, 18:08

Oh I am sure it has happened here, with a nice combination of sugar and whip. Our prime minister spends a lot of time with Bill Gates (disguised as charity work) and he has former Microsoft executives in his government.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Win News”