So, how about Win 12?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

So, how about Win 12?

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Jul 2015, 07:08

Windows Server 2012 r2

My roommate is having a blast with this thing. She's using it to set up servers for her business, which is on the way. She's having a super blast with Hyper-V.

No GUI as of yet, that's the fun of it lol. Just like I have more fun with CLI in Linux. :D
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: So, how about Win 12?

Postby viking60 » 27 Jul 2015, 10:47

Yes she will be using the Windows PowerShell that is a CLI tool to remotely set up Windows boxes or do other tasks via scripting.

Those "cmdlets" let you control and administer your Windows boxes like implementing group policies etc.

It seems to be a good approach to get serious work done.
Scripting in Windows is not new; I have changed the administrator password on 10 Windows computers with one script with the sysinternals tools. This was practical since the administrator password is often the same and at some point everybody knows it.

What I do not like about it is
global-scale cloud services
. This strategy sounds like "all the data in the world on my (Microsoft) servers". :naughty:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: So, how about Win 12?

Postby dedanna1029 » 06 Aug 2015, 22:41

Yeah, that is something I don't like about M$ in general. It's so insecure, then to put everything in the cloud on top of it...

BUT, it will be OK because I'm going to be firewalling her whole system with a Linux system. :D
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Win News”