Microsoft Edge faster than Chrome or Safari

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Microsoft Edge faster than Chrome or Safari

Postby viking60 » 16 Jul 2015, 09:15

The new Microsoft browser - Edge - is much faster than Chrome and Safari according to..Microsoft.

They have been using Googles benchmark system - Octane and other independent benchmark systems.

So this browser is fast - on Windows. It is not going to be available on Linux or Mac in a foreseeable future.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Microsoft Edge faster than Chrome or Safari

Postby R_Head » 16 Jul 2015, 13:05

Good for them, going to get me an MS box because it has a faster browser :jackpot. Is faster even if the PC is not connected to the web? :think: (is all a sarcasm)

Honestly, I do not give 2 poops about MS. The more I stay away from them and Apple, I am happy.

Panther96

Postby Panther96 » 17 Jul 2015, 08:52

For now at least. Microsoft in recent years has tended to, in every which time a hopes of a "relaunch" of Internet Explorer, put out a release that outpaces everyone in speed by a healthy margin, but then sits on the technology for the next 1-2 years so that they get left behind in the dust once again. Not to mention the new Edge browser, while fast in benchmark, has some quite common rendering issues on even popular websites. Sometimes it even prompts the user to use Internet Explorer instead.

Its nice to see Microsoft finally have a competitive (rather than monopolistic) spirit once again, but I'm going to remain skeptical until they are able to produce their end goals.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 24 Jul 2015, 14:15

Of course, these days it's not hard to be faster than Chrome. I won't even run it any more except on my Android, and even then I hesitate. It's become so bloated and bogged down that a turtle would be faster. Many are complaining.

Safari, I've seen a lot of respect for, although I haven't used it in years. I'm going off what I'm hearing.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Win News”