Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi 2

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi 2

Postby viking60 » 03 Feb 2015, 00:55

Microsoft wants developers and they again love stuff like Raspberry Pi so Linux has recruited the most developers so far.
Now you can join the Microsoft developers program for IoT (Internet of Things). And get Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi 2

You will have to read lots of pages regarding the terms of use including this:
Microsoft reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as Microsoft deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Microsoft's sole discretion

I bet the NSA motivated them to this one :mrgreen:

In any case it would be interesting to see how Windows 10 does on Raspberry Pi . so those of you who accept the conditions can tell me? :mrgreen:

It is the right thing to stimulate creativity - a much lacking commodity at Microsoft lately.

I have my nice setup Raspberry Pi with ArchLinux on it and I am truly sceptical about Windows 10 doing an equally good job. But that remains to be seen.
If Microsoft cracks the ARM code then they will regain traction.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi 2

Postby dedanna1029 » 24 Jul 2015, 15:13

Oh yay. So now Microsoft, via its crappy software Windows, is going to screw up the Raspberry Pi. Sucks, as I hadn't had chance to get a Pi yet. :-(
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Win News”