HP is recommending Windows 7

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

HP is recommending Windows 7

Postby viking60 » 21 Aug 2014, 20:56

After two years of recommending Windows 8, HP has now begone to recommend Windows 7 with their computers. Windows 8 has been a failure and must take its fair share of the reduced PC sales.
This does indicate that the market is loosing faith in Windows 8 or rather never had any faith in it.

HP has had enough and hope to improve sales by recommending Windows 7 with their PC's. Those PC's will sell out before the Win 8 boxes -for sure.
:A
http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-o ... ps/Laptops

Much is depending on Windows 9 which is right around the corner.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: HP is recommending Windows 7

Postby R_Head » 22 Aug 2014, 14:10

PCs sales will continue to slip but eventually will stabilize.

Now the Monkey Boy Hammer bought a basketball team.

I bet the players will be issued Win phones, Surface tablets and will be told to used them during the games for the media to take snaps at them to all the sports fans to see. Same concept of giving to a socialite a hand bag with a pair of shoes as native advertising. People are so gullible to this kind of persuasion.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 22 Aug 2014, 17:27

I believe that the UEFI "exclude" boot was the most important part of Windows 8 and it is not certain that this strategy was made by MS alone:
:A
http://techrights.org/2013/06/24/nsa-and-uefi/

Now this has motivated MS to fight for a Desktop that has been more or less a disaster from day one.
World domination for MS controlled by the NSA was not only a wet dream but close to reality.

When they got greedy and wanted greater control over your data, they stumbled - and given the new awareness about the NSA methods, people outside the US are skeptical.

They would have been skeptical if Windows 8 had been fantastic too - which it is not. :snooty:

But when the basketball players start to use it - then it is a whole new ball game ofcourse :-D
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 23 Aug 2014, 12:15

viking60 wrote:But when the basketball players start to use it - then it is a whole new ball game of course :-D

Nice comeback; good pun :s

Return to “Win News”