Microsoft will open 600 stores with Best Buy

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Microsoft will open 600 stores with Best Buy

Postby viking60 » 14 Jun 2013, 10:27

ImageMicrosoft will open 600 MS-"store in stores" in the Best Buy stores.

It will contain MS-products like Xbox tablets and PC's. The DRM infected Xbox is controlled by the cloud (which as an extra special meaning these days) where you buy and play on the internet. With this concept you do not own the game you are renting it.

The problem is that when you go to a cabin on a holiday without an internet connection - You will not be able to play.
Sony's Playstation went for the good old Software box where you have bought and own the game (you can re-sell it or give it away) - and that seems to be a great success.

In any case it is always a good idea to present the products in a retail store so people can get the look and feel before they buy.

Microsoft will have 1200 people working in the stores and they will be trained to give you the best service.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

R_Head
Berserk

Re: Microsoft will open 600 stores with Best Buy

Postby R_Head » 14 Jun 2013, 13:56

They have that already. There is a isle for Apple and one for MS and nobody seems to care. Best Buy is loosing ground to online stores. If you want a show and tell product or you have to have it at the moment, here they are. Other than that kitchen appliances is the only thing that I can think they still have a business.

Trained proffesionals? They meant the Geek Squad?

Is going to fail....

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Microsoft will open 600 stores with Best Buy

Postby viking60 » 14 Jun 2013, 14:25

Well Windows 8 has failed so far but I thought home media stuff like Xbox etc could be worth showing.

The DRM crap makes it a bad alternative anyway - but it might look good? :confused
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Win News”