Microsoft to be considered in Munich again?

The newest distros the lastest Nvidia driver, gadgets .....

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Microsoft to be considered in Munich again?

Postby dedanna1029 » 17 Apr 2015, 01:25

viking60 wrote:Ah now I got it. That is why Munich has chosen Linux :-D
This has become a cyber war - so Obama has a point. It does not hurt to be good at it. Using it against your allies makes him untrustworthy though.

And an untrustworthy US government is bad news for Microsoft, Apple, Google, Dell, Cisco, HP, IBM - you name them.

*nods. The US definitely is not to be trusted, ever. They never could be. We the people were just sheep who were bullsh!tted enough by the lies in the history books. Clueless.

Another country I have to commend highly would be Brazil. I don't think anyone gives them enough credit due to Germany being up front and center in the media on this.

This is the last I could find that we heard from Brazil. We can't even get news on this from Brazil any more. They've cut us off (good for them!).
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 06 Sep 2015, 03:27

The latest that I could find on this:

Here's the one 'major problem' facing Munich after switching from Windows to Linux

26 Aug. 2015. Looks to me like they're sticking with LiMux. :)
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 06 Sep 2015, 12:49

Yes It has come to stay in Munich. The Microsoft interventions have been many and desperate but nothing has worked.
That leak to Fokus from Microsoft/HP was propaganda. Microsoft is now in a position where they have to relate everything to Linux and explain why they are better.

That is pretty new to them so they are not that good at it. Making up clearly untrue stories about Windows being much cheaper than Linux was a failure.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 06 Sep 2015, 20:37

Of course. It just makes sense. Microsoft=up to $299.99 for their OS, Linux=free (or very low price). All one has to do with Linux is put in the effort to set it up and maintain it (which can be a wee bit more than what most do with Microsoft), that most should do with Microsoft anyway, and don't.
No gods, no masters.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 07 Sep 2015, 12:20

Yes it is about Cost of Ownership - that is what the "study" that MS ordered from HP was about.

It was only an internal study for their own eyes and it concluded that Windows would have been way cheaper than Linux.
The study did "forget" the licence fees for upgrading from Windows XP though.

And "somehow" that conclusion leaked to the Magazine Fokus....

Naturally that was not done on purpose :liar:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 07 Sep 2015, 19:33

Haha. Of course. :lol:
No gods, no masters.

Return to “Linux News”