Google I/O 2014 - Android game console and Android TV

The newest distros the lastest Nvidia driver, gadgets .....

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Google I/O 2014 - Android game console and Android TV

Postby viking60 » 28 Jun 2014, 04:11

Google are competing head to head with Apple and they are in a race to bring their operating systems on every gadget in you life.
Your Phone, your wrist watch, your glasses, and your car - and let us not forget game consoles that Google will bring to the market now.

Google wants Android everywhere! They do not only want you to use it but to wear it - Android Wear.

And they seem to be faster than Apple; both have a car consept but Android car is ready and will come in cars ranging from Honda and Hyundai to Audi and Bentley starting at the end of 2014. It will integrate your cars technology with your Android phone and take you to the restaurant that you Googled etc.

The war in the living room is much about consoles that will entertain you - There Google will gome up with a solution helped by their gaming partner Razer and Sony - the big guys simply cannot do without Google.
Google wil meet competition from Valves steambox on the gaming side but that total integration with everything you have is a Google strongpoint.

Google is innovative and fast and do not rest even if they have a dominating market share in the smart phone Market. They are hungry and want more - much more!

And they are spying on you all the time - it is annoying that their products are so good...
(And Apple is spying too so ...)

Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Linux News”