Why Google and Canonical don't use the L word

The newest distros the lastest Nvidia driver, gadgets .....

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Why Google and Canonical don't use the L word

Postby viking60 » 04 Jul 2012, 13:30

ImageGoogle and Canonical do not say that their systems like Android, Chrome OS and Ubuntu are Linux systems. That way they avoid the instinctive FUD from Windows fanboys so this is simply smart marketing.
Think about it. If you're a Linux user, what do you think of when you hear “Linux.” You think about stability, security, open-source, flexibility, power, and control. You probably also think about Tux, the Linux penguin.

But, now what do the 95% plus of the population who don't use Linux directly think about it when they hear “Linux.” They think, hard-to-use, command-line, something that only a techie geek—and I don't mean that in a fun Big Bang Theory kind of way—could use, never mind enjoy using.

They simply have realized that truth has noting to do with it:
Just read the trolls that infect my comment sections. They recycle the same old anti-Linux FUD about hard it is to use and how there are no applications for it constantly. Never mind the reality that desktop Linux is easy to use and there's nothing that 99% of users can't do on Linux that they can do on Windows or Mac OS X.

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Linux News”