Linus Torvalds talks at ACE, Otaniemi, Finland

The newest distros the lastest Nvidia driver, gadgets .....

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Linus Torvalds talks at ACE, Otaniemi, Finland

Postby rolf » 18 Jun 2012, 15:33

Published on Jun 15, 2012 by aaltouniversityace

Aalto Talk with Linus Torvalds, hosted by Aalto Center for Entrepreneurship (ACE) in Otaniemi on June 14, 2012. Linus was interviewed by Will Cardwell and followed with a Q&A session with the audience. Enjoy!

When the Prime Penguin talks, people listen. He usually says interesting things and I thought the idle Berserks might find time to watch. It's said he gets pretty spicy about nVidia and Android, possibly ARM, around 49 minutes. :)

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Linus Torvalds talks at ACE, Otaniemi, Finland

Postby viking60 » 18 Jun 2012, 21:03

Looks good so far...finished.
The highlight:
"People who get offended, should be offended" :lol: I really like his style and he is right most of the time. Always worth listening to +1
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 21 Jun 2012, 00:13

Nvidia felt they had to make a press release after Linus harsh words where they state the they do support Linux but they will not do anything about Optimus support.
So they are saying they support Linux and they are doing something else. Dedanna it is time for you favorite nice day message here!
And boy do I agree with Linus (About 48 min in the video) +1

More here
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 21 Jun 2012, 03:54

Anyone who doesn't support Nvidia (or anything else, for that matter) or other hardware or software, much less Nvidia themselves in Linux with the Optimus, is more than welcome to this thing, and you're all welcome to use it any time you like. Just grab the link for it, and go. I happen to still be in my photobucket where it resides, from another post. Easy enough to get the link for ya:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg28 ... ce-Day.jpg

I'll even go you one better than that, if you want it.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg28 ... finger.jpg

I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Linux News”