SuperGamer Supreme 2 is out

Linux gaming

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

SuperGamer Supreme 2 is out

Postby dedanna1029 » 19 Jul 2010, 15:47

SuperGamer is a live DVD based on VectorLinux, intended to showcase gaming on Linux. The distribution is optimised for a gaming computer environment, with some tweaks to help speed up running from the live DVD. Extra games are added along with some demo editions of proprietary games. All games are native Linux games, but users wishing to run Windows games may install WINE or a related emulator, such as Cedega.

Article from Distrowatch here:
Distribution Release: SuperGamer Supreme 2
Darin VanCoevering has announced the release of SuperGamer Supreme 2, a dual-layer DVD packed with games and other day-to-day software applications: "SuperGamer is a games-oriented Linux desktop operating system. It has all the normal Linux desktop applications such as the Firefox browser and OpenOffice.org, but also has a great many native Linux games added, as well as some demo editions of proprietary games. This SuperGamer Supreme 2 version will work on both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs and fills a full live dual-layer DVD. It includes support for Ethernet, wireless, and dial-up Internet connections. It can run in live mode directly from the DVD and can be optionally installed to a hard drive. I also included the latest NVIDIA and ATI drivers. A few key components are Linux kernel 2.6.27.47, Azureus, Audacity, GParted, Limewire, GIMP, K9copy...." Read the rest of the release announcement which contains a full list of games included on the DVD. Download via BitTorrent: SuperGamer.iso (8,024MB).

I love SuperGamer myself, although I haven't had chance to go with it lately. I have been torrenting this version all night. Going to let it seed for a bit, then give it a go. It was gorgeous when I tried it; bad-arse splash screen (yet really nice), and it rocked big time. Screenshots and other info found here. :)
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Gaming”