more games come to Linux

Linux gaming

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

shobhady

more games come to Linux

Postby shobhady » 21 Sep 2013, 07:38

When will more games come to Linux on steam? I heard and read some articles online about how Microsoft is planning to screw steam and Valve was going to put more games on Linux because of it. None of the articles said when that was supposed to happen... so... does anyone know when approximately that will be?
Last edited by shobhady on 22 Sep 2013, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: more games come to Linux

Postby viking60 » 21 Sep 2013, 11:58

There are lots of games for Linux already:
http://store.steampowered.com/browse/linux/

Valve has left Microsoft altogether because they wanted to much "protection money" for Steam. This was regarded as an abuse of Microsoft's dominant market position and borderline extortion according to Valve.

So they went for freedom.....

And welcome to the forum - we always need new members to help us get rid of idiot spammers. We would especially appreciate if you could help out in spotting those morons that edit their posts later on and put commercial links in there.

People like that have no place here and will be banned and cursed by Kali.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 22 Sep 2013, 20:11

Yeah, "Kali" is watching right now, and sees selling links in the OP. She is setting the spammer on fire now as we speak, to include his computer.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 22 Sep 2013, 22:35

Yeah he is now in Kalis spam hell writing I am a stupid spammer 10 million times while listening to Engelbert Humperdinck:

Some people are really clue-less I tell you....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 23 Sep 2013, 18:47

Yup!
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Gaming”