Better Privacy

What do you have and what do you want?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Better Privacy

Postby dedanna1029 » 16 Aug 2010, 16:08

rolf wrote:Yeah, looks good on paper. In fact, as I look back over 58 years, I find we have been fed a load of propaganda through grade school and beyond. Murderous betrayal of the original hosts of religious refugees, the indigenous people branded as heathens to make it seem 'Christian' to lie, steal, renege on treaties, aka Manifest Destiny from here on South, an hypocrisy egregiously executed in my lifetime in Viet Nam, Iran, Chile, Iraq etc. etc. etc. All is wrapped in the Stars and Stripes, to which we are taught to pledge our allegiance every school day.

'Democracy' is a sham. Most of the electorate are complacent, glutted by the historic largess derived from theft of vast natural resources, leading to a type of world empire that created plenty for the relative few by taking from those not in the club, the leverage of capital. Although I did not expect change from Obama, the disappointment of his promise illustrates there is no alternative than what is forged by a 'Democracy' that has been bought and sold many times over by the materialist/capitalist/corporate hegemony that, in fact, rules this country. It is telling of this condition that the Supreme Court recently relaxed limits for domestic and foreign corporate spending on our 'Democratic' electoral process.

I find the same when I look back on my 50 years, Rolf. It's way too sad. You GO. Please. I can't one-up this, and won't even try. It's all too true.

I think at some point you and I should seriously write a book.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 18 Aug 2010, 23:31

yeah imho. most of the time we vote for the one we think will do the least amount of damage to our freedom
even then the choice isn't always the correct one. :lol:
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 13 Sep 2011, 12:09

To see how much Adobe has damaged your freedom you can have a look at their control panel:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger07.html

To delete all the Flash Cookies currently being stored on your machine:

Go to the Settings Manager (Website Storage Settings)
Go to the far-right tab
Click “Delete all sites”

Now the better privacy addon in FF can do this to every time you leave the browser. But it seems that the data are stored at the Adobe site in this manager too. And if you use another browser the Local Shared Objects (flash cookies) will accumulate anyway.

I find it highly peculiar that Adobe makes a control panel in the "cloud". This setting should be posible in the flashplayer right here on my box :berserkf
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

rolf
Guru-Berserk

Postby rolf » 13 Sep 2011, 14:49

Is it not that Adobe doesn't store the cookies, just reads what's on your machine?
The list of websites above is stored on your computer only, so that you can view or change your local storage settings. Adobe has no access to this list, or to any of the information that the websites may have stored on your computer.

If so, I imagine anyone whose website you visit could do this, also.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 13 Sep 2011, 15:50

Yes exactly. That is a load of crapola. No use in deleting the cookie when they already have finished spying :berserk2
Ahh now I get it! It is OK for Adobe to spy, and on top of that they even help you getting others to stop spying!
Boy what a service :twisted:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 17 Sep 2011, 02:46

Six words: HTML5 BRING IT! NO MORE FLASH!
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

Return to “Software”