That HTML5 thing

What do you have and what do you want?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

That HTML5 thing

Postby viking60 » 24 Jun 2013, 00:58

Well I have heard that flash is dangerous and that HTML5 will replace it. But they do not seem to agree on the standards so there are like 15 of them now. And that is enough to stay away a little bit longer.
But I was curios so I thought I should learn something new and also check if HTLM5 actually can replace flash.
So I googled and I duckducked tried some Chromium apps that did not work - even if they got a lot of stars and ended up with a fairly OK GUI that let med do the job pretty much like with flash in my flash days.
http://tweenui.com/

So I went ahead and started out with images and added some text. The images were re-sized and refined according to our imagemagic tips. And adding the animations was fairly easy.
I started from scratch without templates - but there are templates you can edit.

So once I was finished I could download the entire enchillada - and it is pretty much a javascript structure. I put it on my localhost and it all worked.

It is safer than flash - so the Tor network will let you browse it without warnings or "Click here to activate" buttons.

It is a lot to upload to a server though and it is not easily integrated in CMS and forums - so no - it will not replace flash. But it is good enough to be a good addition.

I made a reference error there so I will present it to you tomorrow.......
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: That HTML5 thing

Postby viking60 » 24 Jun 2013, 09:02

Ok I think I have got it now:
It should be visible here.

Let me know....
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Jun 2013, 22:23

Aye, it works. I clicked a link that said "forums" and it directed back to here. Is that what ye wanted, boss?
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 28 Jun 2013, 01:23

Yes that was the intention. It runs smoothly and is way more secure than flash. But flash can be integrated here html5 cannot. It is somewhat more complicated to work with.

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 29 Jun 2013, 15:50

Well, yeah, I'm sure for a lot of sites/things it's going to be a real pain to integrate for people.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 29 Jun 2013, 19:56

I am always wondering why Jobs hated Flash and want to force HTML 5.

I think I know why... Flash is a spying tool, he hated for others to mess with his OS or products; he did not took well orders from others (like M$ does). Do you guys remember the San Francisco meeting with all the Tech Giant CEOs? Big O was there, I bet that Jobs refused to obey and now is not longer among us.

A crackpot theory.?

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Postby dedanna1029 » 01 Jul 2013, 07:01

He hated it because it SUCKS, P. Has for ages now. :lol:
It's crap code, crap on resources, craps on everything, pretty much. plugin-container, anyone? *barf
No gods, no masters.

Return to “Software”