The Beatles last concert/Candlestick Park

What do we like? Where do we get it? What are you listening to?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

The Beatles last concert/Candlestick Park

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Dec 2013, 23:24

The Beatles final concert — discounting their spontaneous January 1969 concert on the roof of Apple Records in London — took place at San Francisco’s Candlestick Park, then-home to baseball’s Giants and football’s 49ers, on August 29, 1966. Now the venerable old 69,732-capacity park that opened in 1960 is set for demolition some. time after the final 49ers game next season.
Nearly half-a-century later, the rumor mill is rampant with speculation that the ‘Stick will have one great final moment in the sun: Paul McCartney will perform there one last time.
The San Jose Mercury News says that Candlestick Park officials “remained hopeful” that The Beatle would “sing the ‘Stick’s swan song before the wrecking ball strikes the place down.”
Phil Ginsberg, general manager for San Francisco’s Recreation and Parks Department says, “Keep your fingers crossed. It’s a possibility.”

Thought this and more interesting from my home town newspaper in Pasadena, CA.

Part 1 of the column is here.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: The Beatles last concert/Candlestick Park

Postby dedanna1029 » 27 Dec 2013, 23:46

Interesting on this. I had initially screwed up the second link. It was a bad paste.

I went back to fix it from Google Chrome at the library. There was no edit button, delete, warning, or Quote button from Google Chrome. I then switched to Firefox, and everything was there.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: The Beatles last concert/Candlestick Park

Postby viking60 » 28 Dec 2013, 12:52

Some great entertainment to be expected there then.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Music”