John Lord has died

What do we like? Where do we get it? What are you listening to?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

John Lord has died

Postby viking60 » 16 Jul 2012, 20:37

ImageFounder of my favorites from my youth, Deep Purple, has died. John Lord started the band in 1968 and their big breakthrough came in the 70ies.
He co wrote Smoke on the water that until this very day contains the most famous guitar riff in the world +1
I met him on an airport ( I believe it was Frankfurt) I did not recognize any of those adults as Deep Purple but I was sitting next to them and waiting for the gates to open so we talked. So I told them what I did and that I was on a business trip and wondered what they did :Doh: When he said it I knew that it was correct and felt like an idiot.
They were on their way to play a concert in Hell - that is a place in Norway that sells a lot of postcards and stamps.
In any case; Deep Purple could claim that they have given a concert in Hell

John Lord died of cancer.
When I come to think of it most of the rockers in the 70-ies could not imagine a life after 40 so as most Rockers from that era he lived longer than expected.

They never expected their music to become classics either...
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Music”