Spotify invitation

What do we like? Where do we get it? What are you listening to?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Spotify invitation

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Jul 2011, 07:45

For anyone who would like an invitation for Spotify in the U.S., The Joy Formidable has kindly publicized a blank open invite; just go fill out the form at the Joy Formidable link. Spotify runs real well under Wine in Linux, for most. They give you the instructions to configure Wine, and to install Spotify both. I am using the Pulseaudio driver in Wine, but it looks like I will have to change it. It says it can't decode music on the Pulseaudio driver. The instructions say to use the OSS driver, but I didn't have it as a choice. See here.

It's pretty nifty overall, once you get it going. It will import your music library, allow you to hear new stuff from other places, whatever. It also stays running if you minimize it or click the X at the upper right. It just minimizes to the tray. :) That's a feature I like in any program.

If you do decide to give this a try, please post back with results. Thanks.
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

dedanna1029
Sound-Berserk

Re: Spotify invitation

Postby dedanna1029 » 30 Jul 2011, 23:01

Anyone tried this yet? I have tried every one of the drivers in wine configuration, and it's still doing the same thing. :(
I'd rather be a free person who fears terrorists, than be a "safe" person who fears the government.
No gods, no masters.
"A druid is by nature anarchistic, that is, submits to no one."
http://uk.druidcollege.org/faqs.html

R_Head
Berserk

Postby R_Head » 01 Aug 2011, 12:41

Went to the site, looked around, read about and do not really care for it.

I just do not feel been spied on what I like to listen too. :(

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 01 Aug 2011, 14:29

+1
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Music”