Security: It's official Frank Sinatra was a genius

Everything about it! Heard the news? What! is Ubuntu bankrupt? Has Mandriva started marketing? Have you taken a sky diving course?
We just need to know! No flaming! And we hate spammers -Get it?

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

viking60
Über-Berserk

Security: It's official Frank Sinatra was a genius

Postby viking60 » 10 Dec 2012, 00:43

I have checked a bit regarding passwords again and on the way I found out that J4fS<2 is pretty safe - it would take 219 years to brutforce it so even if the hacker is patient, he would die before he found out about your password....
The calculation is based on what common web servers can handle: 100 sign-in requests per second.

So that is good - but you will forget that password after one minute, so you would write it down and put the note under the keyboard - where nobody would think of looking :-D
So that makes it insecure again.
As we have suggested here before use sentences in a dialect that you will not find in any dictionary. But even if you use plain words and use three words it is extremely safe:
this is fun - as a password would take 2537 years to crack! ...And you would remember it +1
But wait...
Wait for it.....
du-bi-dubi-dub will take 531,885,448,467 years to brut-force!
:A

I knew it!: Frank Sinatra was a genius +1

But then again the IBM Sequoia can handle 16,32 trillion floating points per second. ...So can anyone with a calculator please figure out how long it would take then?
:think:
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

hrew3433

Re: Security: It's official Frank Sinatra was a genius

Postby hrew3433 » 03 May 2024, 07:46

While consumers ultimately bear the burden of GST through higher prices, the tax is applied uniformly across goods and services, ensuring fairness in taxation. Additionally, certain goods and services calculate gst, such as basic groceries and prescription drugs, are exempt from GST, providing relief for consumers on essential items.

Return to “The Lounge”