Netgear WG311v3 ndiswrapper problems

Well its a networking forum.... #"@! Atheros drivers...

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

R_Head
Berserk

Netgear WG311v3 ndiswrapper problems

Postby R_Head » 28 Feb 2016, 15:53

Yes another wireless adapter that went belly up.

This is for my desktop that has 2 different NICs; one that is wireless and the wired type. Is been running on the wired type for a long time, but decided to get the wireless NIC to work. Just in case my ISP drops and I have to use my cell phone hot spot. Used to be fairly easy to get the NIC to work using the ndiswrapper until now...

While using the MCC and choose to install it using a windows driver I get the message... "Unable to find ndiswrapper interface!'. Fair enough, let us install it then. Now says "Unable to find network interface for selected device (using ndiswrapper driver)

On the MCC (Software Manager) looked for ndiswrapper. I see the dkms-ndiswrapper noarch and ndiswrapper version 1.59 x86_64. Unchecked the box few times and looks like is removed. Each time I go back to the Software Manager is checked; I do not get this one....

Ran the command to make sure what driver is installed and none are installed

Code: Select all

[root@My_PC]# ndiswrapper -l
[root@My_PC]#

Ran the command

[root@My_PC]# lspci -k
05:06.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88w8335 [Libertas] 802.11b/g Wireless (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Netgear WG311v3 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter

I see the NIC is there in the system

Tried to install the ndiswrapper (because of previous message that cannot find it)

[root@My_PC]# urpmi ndiswrapper
Package ndiswrapper-1.59-3.mga5.x86_64 is already installed

Decided to delete it and ran the command again to make sure that is gone.

[root@My_PC]# urpme ndiswrapper
unknown package: ndiswrapper

Rebooted and now I have clean slate to start. Using the MCC and setting up a new network interface. The system see the NIC got to the point were you have to make the choice of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88w8335 [Libertas] 802.11b/g Wireless or Use a Windows driver (with ndiswrapper). On the 1st choice installs the ndiswrapper and get the following error message Unable to find ndiswrapper interface!; ok, let us go the other way around.

First, want to know what driver is installed...

mrv8335x64 : driver installed
        device (11AB:1FAA) present

Decided to remove the driver...

[root@My_PC]# ndiswrapper -r mrv8335x64
[root@My_PC]#

Picked Use a Windows driver (with ndiswrapper), ask to choose a New Driver or use the inf file that I got the first time. If I go that route, will lock up the system looking for software and drivers....

Is very annoying.... :roll:

Return to “Networking”