Left for Dead 2 On sale for $5, or $15 for you + friends!

Linux gaming

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

Panther96

Left for Dead 2 On sale for $5, or $15 for you + friends!

Postby Panther96 » 08 Mar 2014, 18:58

Thought I would share this deal with you guys, its way too good to pass up (for me at least). Left for Dead 2 is on sale for the next two days for $4.99, or $14.99 for a 4 pack. There's also a $7.49 bundle for Left for Dead 1 + Left for Dead 2. http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/ Great way to celebrate Linux gaming at bon marché, and with all your friends!

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: Left for Dead 2 On sale for $5, or $15 for you + friends

Postby viking60 » 08 Mar 2014, 23:43

I am just getting the hang of Team Fortress

(I needed a free game just to see how it would work on Linux - and it works perfectly).

Are you playing left 4 dead on Manjaro?
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Panther96

Postby Panther96 » 09 Mar 2014, 05:35

Mhm interesting..I've heard people talk about Team Fortress but never gave it a serious thought before. Maybe one day though barely have time for the few games I do play. I actually just bought left for dead 2 in this sale, so I have it mostly downloaded and will finish it tonight. I bought Europa Univeralis IV on amazon for $15 (on sale, standard retail is $39.99) which also runs on linux. That one I have been playing and it runs beautifully on Manjaro.

Ain't it nice having publishers pissed off at Microsoft? I just hope the sales and people come so that this isn't just a temporary chess piece.

viking60
Über-Berserk

Postby viking60 » 09 Mar 2014, 14:31

Sure I hope Valve makes good money on the transition from Microsoft to Linux. Probably they are only the first in a long row of game producers.
Microsoft has pressured many of them very hard so they have to "bleed" money for simply using Windows as a platform. As Valves Steam has shown Linux is an even better platform so I think that makes the choice easier for others.

Microsoft has overestimated their position in the Computer market yet again:

They started out with the ambition that everybody who has a PC must pay to Microsoft. They claimed that Linux had Microsoft patented components so even those with Linux PC's should pay. MS failed to point out what that should be and has never been able to name even one single component. Instead they threatened to sue everybody who used Linux.They called it "cross licensing" and the only Linux distro that has paid up is Novels Suse.
MS made "an offer that you can't refuse" - Corleone style.

The only thing offered is the absence of a MS lawsuit. Valve did not accept this style and said goodbye to Microsoft.

That is deserving of a reward. But the main platform for gaming will probably not be the PC in the future - but the dedicated boxes like the Steambox and those will run on Linux.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

Return to “Gaming”