video game addiction

Linux gaming

Moderators: b1o, jkerr82508

aleesha

video game addiction

Postby aleesha » 25 Feb 2014, 07:46

How are video games helpful? I am doing a project on video game addiction. I have come to see that there can be some beneficial parts of video games. Those of you who play video games, are there any good things you can get out of video games?

viking60
Über-Berserk

Re: video game addiction

Postby viking60 » 25 Feb 2014, 13:54

Your project on game addiction is called spamming. :berserk2 Your are listed at http://stopforumspam.com so you will have to take your "projects" elsewhere.
Manjaro 64bit on the main box -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz and nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1. + Centos on the server - Arch on the laptop.
"There are no stupid questions - Only stupid answers!"

tomexin12

Postby tomexin12 » 07 Jan 2021, 07:00

If it seems your child's love of video games is video game addiction, it could be headed towards what the WHO has classified as a mental health disorder: ...https://banklogin.onl/

gnuuser
Berserk

Postby gnuuser » 22 Jan 2021, 04:54

the benefits of video games include quick decision making, and shorter reflex time.
But the detriments so far outweigh the benefits that its a moot point.
typical teens get hooked on ultra violent video games for the Adrenalin rush they get,
The problem with that is many are playing these games under the influence of drugs and alcohol. while they themselves haven't fully developed mentally or emotionally.
being impressionable is bad enough without adding drugs and alcohol abuse into the mix.
socially there is a tendency to develop an abhorrent mentality and distorted view of reality when it comes to real life.
a prime example was in the movie "The Wilding".
over an extended period of time one of the teens looses it and ends up going on a killing spree.

my choice of video games when i played them were always mental challenge types,
as a responsible individual( Yes a gun owner) those shoot-em- up games are appalling to me and have no place in the home of a responsible parent.
registered Linux user number 505431
Amateur radio call sign KC3TEC
miracle (mere-ack-ull) :
the aspiration of the indigent, the expectation of the indolent, and the inspiration of the ignorant.

Im so old even dirt was my apprentice!

Erinwalsh

Postby Erinwalsh » 01 Mar 2024, 09:32

I often watch full movies at hdhub4uin, you can also see full movies with me so you don't miss them.

Return to “Gaming”